Thread: East Side Alignment Shops

Default East Side Alignment Shops

Where is the place to go in Dallas/Collin County for alignments now? Russ Marin is closed. I may hit up icepenguin66 at the Addison NTB unless someone has a better idea. Obviously I want to sit in the car and have specific specs.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

If you can stand to go to the WEST side, Bobby Garrett's Frame & Alignment. Very efficient, inexpensive, and done with the driver in the car.

2202 Manana Dr. Suite 212
    Dallas, TX 75220
    (214) 716-0575

I'm going to see Bobby this week. I've known him for 15+ years - since the DF&A salad days - and he rocks on alignments. I'd still call him an east-sider since he's east of the Dallas county line...

FWIW, Russ Martin didn't leave a good taste in my mouth last year. Yes, I was the last Miata he saw, but the tech was so ready to be done for the day... and I had to turn right around and take my car back to fix a wicked pull. They got it close on the next go-round, but...

Where's BAM! when you need him???

I can recommend icepenguin's NTB in Addison. Doug, the manager (?), says he used to be a driving instructor at Hallett some 15 years ago. I walked in wearing a Miata shirt and ended up in a pleasant 20 minute conversation with the guy about the good ol' days in Oklahoma, talking about the finer points of The Bitch. And, of course, Chris hooked me up on a great mount & balance deal.

I tell you what... it's good to know people... just sayin.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 08-21-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Where's BAM! when you need him??? .
    He's working for Vorshlag. And Vorshlag is moving into a real facility and is thinking about buying a 4-post lift with real alignment tools.

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    He's working for Vorshlag. And Vorshlag is moving into a real facility and is thinking about buying a 4-post lift with real alignment tools.
    Nice... I knew he was working for Vorshlag, but I didn't know they might be buying him some toys to play with...

Well, Bobby gets my alignment bidness until BAM! comes up for air.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Bump, any decent shops near Lewisville, Frisco, Carrollton etc? Haven't had to get an alignment since AJ left, don't want to drive to Ft. Worth etc.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I've used Fifth Gear Automotive in Lewisville a couple times in the past. They did a good job and let me sit in the car.

Fifth Gear
    1975 Archer Avenue
    Lewisville, TX 75077

I was going to use them again, but they have raised their prices. IIRC they wanted $150 - which is really to much IMHO.

So I went to Cobb Tuning Plano. Their alignment tech is really good and he dialed in my MS3 to my specs. I'll probably be going back there when it is time to get the Miata's alignment refreshed. Cost: $100. Not TCB but they have up to date equipment, a skilled technician and a AC garage.

COBB Tuning Plano
    1200 Placid Avenue #550
    Plano, TX 75074
    (214) 291-3020
    2000 Miata LS - TEIN FLEX, RB header & Exhaust, Monster CAI, HDHC single diagonal with door bars.

I called Cobb this morning, quoted me $100. I'll probably go there. Glad to hear a positive review.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Driver

JFoley took his car somewhere in Plano and it was a euro shop. You might ping him if you're looking for something cheaper.

I think JFoley is a bit out of pocket at the moment but I'm not in a rush.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I can hook you guys up with a dealer alignment price for $60 and just tip the mechanic like $15-20 if you're wanting certian specs and all. Only problem is you have to set up a time with me cause I work at the busiest store and our area director's office is at my store also. That way you don't end up waiting all day or the boss man wanting us to charge way more!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    I can hook you guys up with a dealer alignment price for $60 and just tip the mechanic like $15-20 if you're wanting certian specs and all. Only problem is you have to set up a time with me cause I work at the busiest store and our area director's office is at my store also. That way you don't end up waiting all day or the boss man wanting us to charge way more!
    No offense Chris but when I came in last March to get the alignment tweaked on my BMW the experience was less than ssteller. After completing the work hours after being told it would be done the tech still didn't do what I asked for. I still remember you telling me that you guys don't do alignments like AJ would so that is why the tech couldn't do it. That said all I asked was to set the front toe to my specs and leave the rest alone but the talentless tech set the toe to the factory specs! So I dont recommend your shop if you are looking for anything out of the norm. Oh and BTW I always take care of the techs that help me out as I really do appreciate them going the extra mile.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

OK. We found a great shop for alignments. Thanks to NC Eunos for the contact.

Kwik Kar at Legacy and Chase Oaks (NW corner)
    Phone: 972-517-9555
    Address: 305 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75023
    Cost: $69.95

I just had my car aligned yesterday and the service was EXCELLENT. Best service I've had for an alignment since BAM! left NTB. They have a top notch alignment rack. No clearance issues either with reasonably lowered Miatas.

They will let you sit in your car and align to your specs. Make sure you know what specs you want.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)