Thread: WTB Miata $2500-$3800

Default WTB Miata $2500-$3800

Looking to buy something in this price range - black on black on black is about the only combination I'm not all that interested in. Willing to trade out/partial trade for website and/or graphic design work. See my online portfolio at http://www.donovangilhooley.com.

Hope to be an active member as soon as I get my wheels under me - thanks!

Scott

Are you looking for a street car or track car?

Shouldn't be too tough to find one in that price range, but be prepared to get a car that needs some TLC. Miatas are fun to work on, and parts are cheap.

If there is any kind of oil leak (which there almost always is), plan to replace the CAS o-ring and possibly the valve cover gasket. You will want to verify when the timing belt/water pump was last changed; documentation is helpful there. If it hasn't been done, negotiate some $$ for it, then take it to Rogue @ Miata Solutions and get everything fixed up. Viola, great car!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

MiataProtege

Saw that post and thought of you. With some haggling.... I'm betting you can bring 'em to $2500. At least $3k.

Default Thanks!

Thanks, all. I have an If This Then That (http://ifttt.com/) action keeping me posted. I understand I'm going to have to be hands on with it. That green one in Farmer's Branch is high on my ist, plus one that just came up for sale in Round rock.

Sorry for not replying sooner - I thought my prefs were set up to email me when anyone replied.

-scott

Thanks. The first question after I buy will be "where do I take it?" Looks like rogue needs some website TLC, too.