Thread: I need a TCB solution for a network Fax solution.

Default I need a TCB solution for a network Fax solution.

I'm in need of a fax program (Please don't say WinFax) that is stable and is usable on a terminal server. I have a client that is on Win2000 platform, and the cost to upgrade to 2003 isn't in the budget. I had a Castele Fax server on the network that was fine for 3 years, but has now bit the dust. Castell will help if we buy their newer software ver8, as we are on ver.6 but they want $800 for the upgrade, and the darn thing cost about $1200 new. What a crock, so the client doesn't want to use Castelle anymore. I've used WinFax Pro in the past but it isn't stable, and gets really confused on a terminal server.

Anybody using something they like and would recommend?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

gfifax

Excellent reseller program.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

What happened with the Castelle unit?

Don't forget that First Saturday is this weekend if you need to find parts for one

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I'm getting an error light, then it quits for a day or two, then all of a sudden it's back up. Castelle says it's probably software related, but are refusing to help if we don't buy their upgraded software. Which is fine, but at 70% of what they charged for the Castelle, the client is a little put off.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

This might sound lame, but have you considered eFax? Forget all the hardware and just go virtual. They have deals for corporations (many numbers), as I discovered when I worked for one.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I'm getting an error light, then it quits for a day or two, then all of a sudden it's back up. Castelle says it's probably software related, but are refusing to help if we don't buy their upgraded software. Which is fine, but at 70% of what they charged for the Castelle, the client is a little put off.
    Doesn't sound like a software issue...

70% is WAY too much for software maintenance & upgrades. Hell, even MICROSOFT doesn't charge that much for an upgrade version of Windows or Office.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

EDIT: I forgot to preface my comments with this. Faxing is 1984 technology, this year I have officially stopped using faxes. Faxes are dead, welcome to the 21st century.

I am a reseller for GFI, they have a top rated product. Here is a second :) for them.

Une Castelle box! Haven't seen one of those in a long time! It was an good HW based system. When we ran several hundred users on it at EDS back in the day. If I remember the magic fix on it was to take it all the way apart and put it back together. I don't know why, but it always started to work again.

BigDStars?

I agree, I think it's hardware, THEY say it's Software . Either way they won't support it until we upgrade.

Hey, E-fax might be an option.

I am the Fax master!!!

I run over 20 Million pages per year through RightFax. 16 T1s of FAX FAX FAX. But that's no TCB solution. eFax might be a good solution for low volume. MCI, Easylink, Experian are also decent choices for efax. You should be paying no more than $.07 per page.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba