Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License bracket pic

Default License bracket pic

Well here is a shot of the bracket. Treibenschnell will post some pics after he installs his, so hopefully this will hold you guys over until you see the ones on the car.
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

Okay guys I got a really good deal on the powder coating. By the way if you guys need any powder coating done I highly recomend TOP COAT in Kennedale (817-478-0797). These guys do exceptional work and have a pretty quick turn around time on getting your parts done. You should see some of the parts they did on my bosses' 917, they even matched the orange in the Gulf paint scheme on the car. Anyway the brackets will go for $35+ shipping, that includes all stainless hardware to mount the plate to the bracket. The mounting point as well as the shape of the bracket allow you to keep your factory tow hook and still be able to use the hook if neccessary. Now I'am not sure if these will fit the NB as I did not have one to test fit before now. I will have one over the weekend so I will post just as soon as I get my hands on the car. At this time these brackets are for the driver's side of the car, but if demand is there one for the passenger side may become available. In the next few weeks we will have some other items under development for the Miata, such as chassis braces and some other small items. As things develop I will post info and pics of the other items as they come along.

I'll volunteer to be an NB guinea pig...

I'm up in Lewisville.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Looks good, but can we get some multi-axis pcitures (from the top, the side, etc.) - I'm concerned about how strong it would be if it took a cone head on while autocrossing. I want something strong enough to not be smacked back into the bumper by that.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I will get some more pics and post them Monday as my camera is on my desk at work. If I get a chance this weekend after the races I will sacrifice one to a cone hit to see what results come from it. I hadn't taken that into consideration when I made them, but that is a good point. Thank you guys for all the feedback it is really helpful.

Woohoo! I've got my Stiffy on!

Beautifully powdercoated... complete with stainless hardware...

Linkie to my CarDomain.com page...

Perhaps now Johnny Law will have one less reason to pull me over... damned lead foot.

WOOOOOOOO!

Lookin' good there 3Bean!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Perhaps now Johnny Law will have one less reason to pull me over... damned lead foot.

Well, I had my court date this morning... and just for the record: Should DPS officers give you a ticket for no front license plate, the fine is $100. Thankfully they threw that one out (they actually went outside and looked at my car) and just gave me 90 days probation (deferred adjudication) plus fees ($150) for the speeding ticket.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Hey trackfiend -

Did you ever do a test on a NB? What about the cone issue altiain mentioned?

I am still in the market for a front plate bracket for my 01 cone smacker and need to know.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Trackfiend's plate holder rocks... and it holds on like Michael Jackson on a pre-schooler. After many, many miles of spirited driving it's still looking very good!

Thanks again, TF!

Thanks TF! Put mine on this morning! Wish i didn't have to have a front plate, but this is a good alternative. I still want to see TDR's finished design with the tow hook, but for now I can stop worrying about being pulled over for THAT stupid law.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Has anyone heard from Trackfiend lately? I sent him an email or two about the progress of the NB Stiffy bracket, but haven't heard back. Here I am, happy NA Stiffy owner, drumming up business for him, unsure what the status is...

Dan

Hmm... When I last checked about a month ago (while waiting on a reply), he had only been on like once in the previous 3 months. Or maybe it was that he hadn't posted about the Stiffy bracket in that amount of time. I'll have to give him a holler again and see if I have better luck this time around.

Dan

Hey guys,

I appologize for the lack of info lately about the license brackets. For the past month and a half I have been in and out of the hospital due to an ongoing medical problem. Not to mention the joy of still dealing with an ongoing divorce, which I won't even get into. Hopefully by the end of next month I should be back in shape to get this up and going again. I really appreciate everyone's interest in this project and I will try to keep everyone better informed as things progress. Once again thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
    Chris

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I PMed Trackfiend a couple of weeks ago. He replied that between the divorce and some health issues, he was pretty snowed under. He said he hoped to get that all sorted out and go back to a normal life ASAP.

My impression was that as soon as he had anything to show/sell for the NB, we would know.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Got the PM reply and this post within minutes of each other.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast