Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LSC BMW Autocross #9 - 11/12/11 @TMS

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I'm in.
    Yea!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

This autocross stuff is pretty fun. I'll have to come out and try again next year...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tailchaser; 11-12-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Fun event.

Stupid tailchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Fun event.

Stupid tailchaser.
    Don't make me make it the home page.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Stoopid Red Evo's running out of class

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Fun event.

Stupid tailchaser.
    +1

Big thanks to Jim_H for the afternoon co-drive! That car is really set up nicely!

Jim, when you get ready to sell it next week let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    Stoopid Red Evo's running out of class
    Watcha mean? Y car plus r comps = proper class Z car.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Don't make me make it the home page.
    Dooooooooo it!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Good day! Weather turned out to be terrific, and the course was challenging and different. Tailchaser was damn fast for a guy who hadn't autocrossed in over a year.
    Another well-run BMW event with some fun to watch position battles.

I think General Default has gotten the MS-R somewhat sorted!
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Another well-run BMW event with some fun to watch position battles.
    Oh yes, I see what you did there!
    2008 Evolution GSR

It was a fun event, and the course seemed to be much more of an equalizer than I would have guessed. I thought the Miatas were going to pwn it. The battle for second place was a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I don't think an S2000 on street tires will be able to challenge an MX5 on Hoosiers.

On a side note, I FINALLY got Harry's Laptimer Pro to work well! The OBDII data from the PLX Wiki Wifi freezes occasionally, but that's supposed to be fixed for the next release. The GPS info from the Emprum Ultimate GPS was much better than the iPhone's internal GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    The battle for second place was a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I don't think an S2000 on street tires will be able to challenge an MX5 on Hoosiers.
    Baloney. The S2K's dominated STR this year in the last few national events, and KB only got me by 0.6 sec. I firmly believe that my car can still beat the MSR if its driven well, which it was not for most of the event yesterday. Yours can too.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 11-13-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

KB was awesome yesterday. He was FTD runner up.

Baloney. The S2K's dominated STR this year in the last few national events, and KB only got me by 0.6 sec. I firmly believe that my car can still beat the MSR if its driven well, which it was not for most of the event yesterday. Yours can too.
    I don't know what to draw from your post. I'm not familiar with STR, since I don't care for SCCA, but I'm pretty sure you can't run Hoosiers in STR, right? I would also guess (somewhat of a wild guess) that the maturity of the S2000 aftermarket gives it somewhat of an advantage over the much younger MX-5 platform. If so, then I really don't think national results really reflect the competitiveness of a platform on a local level where budgets are MUCH smaller. None of the local level guys spend the kind of money that it would take to compete nationally in STR.

BTW, what does "dominated" mean? Does it mean that more trophies went to S2000 guys, or does it mean that there was a huge gap in time between the fastest S2000 and the fastest MX5? If there was just a few tenths between the fastest S2000 and the fastest MX5, then it's an irrelivant point.

I'm also trying to figure out what your position is on BMW's classing. I thought you would want MX-5s to be in the same class as S2000's (since you bump yourself to Y). I also thought you would like the rule about R comps automatically bumping a car to the next higher class. I'm sure ALL of the street tire guys would be uber-pissed about the R comp bump going away, and I suspect all of the older Miata guys would agree that the new MX-5 needs to bump to Y class....

I'm not sure what the classing rules should be but they should definitely include Joseph not being in my class I can't ever win when he is my class. I think the next BMW season should include Joseph in a class by himself

Y class is SRS BZNSS...

Thanks for all the compliments. I saw a lot of brave drivers out there going down the zig straight.
    Jessica and Joseph must eat Wheaties before they go autocrossing.
    Mr. Smooth driver goes to Tailchaser for this event. I was impressed with his driving after being away for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    KB was awesome yesterday. He was FTD runner up.

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    Thanks for all the compliments. I saw a lot of brave drivers out there going down the zig straight.
    Jessica and Joseph must eat Wheaties before they go autocrossing.
    Mr. Smooth driver goes to Tailchaser for this event. I was impressed with his driving after being away for a year.
    I didn't eat breakfast, saved some weight You're always fast. I'm nervous anytime you run after me since you tend to pull it out more than 50% of the time.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    BTW, what does "dominated" mean? Does it mean that more trophies went to S2000 guys, or does it mean that there was a huge gap in time between the fastest S2000 and the fastest MX5? If there was just a few tenths between the fastest S2000 and the fastest MX5, then it's an irrelivant point.

I'm also trying to figure out what your position is on BMW's classing. I thought you would want MX-5s to be in the same class as S2000's (since you bump yourself to Y). I also thought you would like the rule about R comps automatically bumping a car to the next higher class. I'm sure ALL of the street tire guys would be uber-pissed about the R comp bump going away, and I suspect all of the older Miata guys would agree that the new MX-5 needs to bump to Y class....
    Let's get rid if the r comp bump. I'd love to run the Lotus on r comps in Y j/k but seriously I think classing is fine except bump the NC to Y.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast