Thread: Hey all, New guy here

Default Hey all, New guy here

Hi everyone,

I just moved two weeks ago from Denver to Flower Mound. Drove my miata all the way here, and she was flawless. It was a good drive. Anyway, My name is James, and I really have loved my Miata for the year I have had it... Its a 94 with FM sways, Koyo 37MM Radiator, hard dog roll bar, and Star Spec tires. I was fortunate enough to get about 3 autocrosses and three track days in last year up in the Rockies. It was my first time doing either, and I really have enjoyed it.

I'm both a SCCA and NASA member. I enjoy NASA HPDE weekends over the autocrosses though. I found this site through a thread on miata.net, so here I am. I'd like to get out of the house and meet some folks sometime soon. Where/when are there GTG's? Also, I like to work on my cars, so if anyone local needs a hand, just let me know.

That's it for now I guess.

James

Welcome. You just missed a fun and cheap track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Welcome to Texas and the Forum. There a fairly regular GTG on Wednesday nights (usually at Keller hamburgers on Northwest Highway if the weather is nice). Just keep an eye on the forums. someone will usually post by wednesday to determine where to meet.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Welcome. I work at 3040 and 2499 (Old Settlers rd). Look forward to meeting you. Where in Flower Mound?

*edit* Just realized I wrote back to you on m.n. I thought I was having deja vu.
    Last edited by Sharpie; 12-16-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: flash back
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome to Texas and to the forum. There will be a lot of autocross and track day opportunities this coming year. Keep watching the forum for the events.

Have fun with your Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Welcome to Texas.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Welcome!
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Thanks for the welcome... I live near College and Morriss Rd. Where is Keller Hamburgers?

I just googled Keller Hamburgers and found it.. I'll keep an eye on the forums...

Welcome! You arrived right at the beginning of our very-short off season, but don't worry, there is a Winter AutoX w/ NTAXS in Jan, and the season kicks-off in late Feb. There will be an event nearly every weekend through October after that somewhere in the area.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by AdidasCU View Post
    I just googled Keller Hamburgers and found it.. I'll keep an eye on the forums...
    Make sure you got the right Keller's - there's three of 'em...

Our "pet" Keller's is HERE.

...and welcome aboard, BTW!

I was pulling for the Broncs today and had a crazy Tebow-ner going until the Pats romped in the 4th... dangit.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

i live in flower mound aswell, right around where sharpie works actually. hope to meet you soon and if you see a 95 M with a harddog double diagonal hardcore rollbar and gold with a polished lip xxr wheels rolling around thats me.