Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My name is OZMDD, and I am an autocross-aholic

Default My name is OZMDD, and I am an autocross-aholic

I just did the math and realized there are NO events scheduled for the next 7 weeks!!!!!

This is not good. Not at all. Anyone want to go-in on the lease for an abandoned grocery store and setup a mini-course??
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

If you're serious, then yes.

If you're just playing with our emotions... well I'm still in.

Chassis Designer

If you're both serious, ER has been known to do private events. Let's just guess maybe 30 - 40 people would buy in. What's the worst that could happen?

I'm listening...
    Polished Turd Racing

We rent MW and have a party.
    M3 is always the answer.

Oh yeah, MW is pretty cheap, isn't it? Let's see what we can come up with. Davidss rents it sometimes for TnT.
    Polished Turd Racing

I am interested so long as it is an open day.

I bet my addiction is bigger than yours!

Coming from someone who opted to pass on the last autocross of the year...I don't feel for you. If it is a Saturday morning/early afternoon, I will do 7 consecutive if we can get enough. All we need is some cones, lights, and about 8 others to make it damn near as affordable. I wanna do the Takashi Challenge... only with real cars! I am willing to pay $80 an event if you can get it organized, that being if we don't get enough to make it affordable for others.

2008 Evolution GSR

Didnt pass on the Last autox, I spent the entire day driving at ECR. Not my fault PCA can't schedule better. :)

Im actually not a fan of PCA autocross courses. It's the only club I don't run with. Hope you enjoyed an opportunity to win, since JJ and I weren't there.

I hope you're doing some cool go-fast mods this off season.
    Polished Turd Racing

How about a track day less cones to set up??

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Didnt pass on the Last autox, I spent the entire day driving at ECR. Not my fault PCA can't schedule better. :)

Im actually not a fan of PCA autocross courses. It's the only club I don't run with. Hope you enjoyed an opportunity to win, since JJ and I weren't there.
    Oddly enough, winning doesn't really require either of you to not be there. Thanks for the asshattery, see you next season!
    Last edited by SiliconTek; 12-13-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    2008 Evolution GSR

Track day is easier. ECR would be easier over MSR. Thoughts?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconTek View Post
    Oddly enough, winning doesn't really require either of you to not be there. Thanks for the asshattery, see you next season!
    Come on, Jose, just funnin' with ya!
    Polished Turd Racing

PCA did a fun course at the last event.

I would be up for a winter event at Mineral Wells as long as you arrange nice weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    PCA did a fun course at the last event.

I would be up for a winter event at Mineral Wells as long as you arrange nice weather.
    Hey man, this is Texas! Back in Ohio we had to AutoX in the Snow... with tire chains... uphill both ways!!!

You darn kids get off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    Hey man, this is Texas! Back in Ohio we had to AutoX in the Snow... with tire chains... uphill both ways!!!

You darn kids get off my lawn!
    With the top down.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    We didn't race on hills in Syracuse, we just used lakes. Nothing gets you puckered up quite like when ice wears through enough on turns that you put a wheel into water.

http://www.cnyira.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Wow, that looks awesome.

New York +1
    Ohio 0

They had actual winter auto-xs like I'm sure you're referring to too: parking lots that could be considered "plowed." NJ does and still does as well. Can't say I ever went to those though.

We used to build supercross tracks for snowmobiles on the lake/river that was my backyard in Syracuse. Well, I did. Everyone else would just come to play when I was done building. ha Even back in Jersey as a kid, a few friends and I would build mini supercross tracks for our dirtbikes on the lake across the street from the house (we didn't have tractors and such back then, so they only had small-medium jumps). Was a great way to keep in racing shape during the long off-season. Much more convenient than asking our parents to drive us in the dead of winter to the indoor tracks half a day away. I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Track day is easier. ECR would be easier over MSR. Thoughts?
    Hey did anyone but me notice what ken o posted! I'd be up for a Track Day! No cone shagging!

Kids this would be where you would post stating that you would also be interested in a Trackday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast