Thread: Error code help - "3 G signal"

Default Error code help - "3 G signal"

I am getting a "3 G signal" error when I grd/ten.... does anyone know what this is?

Chris

A seat mismatch error perhaps!

Looks like it has something to do with the CAS I find a reference of Crank angle sensor sending the G-signal in the 1993 Service manual.

The G-Signal = Detects No.1 cylinder TDC; sends signal to engine control unit.

http://www.miata.net/garage/faultcodes.html

If this came about after your CAS O-ring replacement then you should unplug the CAS, check for corrosion on the connectors, and reseat it.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I did check the CAS plugs and cleaned them, and that did not fix my problem. Anyone have a spare CAS?

Chris

Having never looked at it closely, I'll presume there aren't any wires to this CAS thingy that could have gotten caught when re-installing the valve cover...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Shouldn't have been. He had the wires tucked well out of the way... but it wouldn't be a bad idea to recheck.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!