Thread: Anybody run at NPR?

Default Anybody run at NPR?

No Problem Raceway is the site of this weeks WHEELS AMERICA race. Has anybody run there? Any suggestions on gears for corners, braking points, etc.
    Mac

NPR has a racetrack? I thought they were just a liberal media outlet.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

My wife listens to that station and it drives me nuts. Some of there stuff is right out of the 30s. That wasn't a good decade to live in then and It still isn't.

Mac

Still looking for tips on the track.

I had never heard of it, so this is the info. I found for other clueless wannabe racers, like me.

http://www.noproblemraceway.com/track_facts.htm

Good luck Mac, we expect a full report when you return, please.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Actually NPR is close to BFE! I think Road Atlanta is a shorter tow. Left last Thursday night and I think I got there next month. I really got there Friday morning after stopping in Layfayette overnight. NPR is flat and uses half of the dragstip for it's main straight. Other then that straight and another short one it is a series of 14 quick turns and switch backs. The folks were friendly and as always there was a race no matter where you were. The best thing about the weekend was NO body work to be DONE on the #13 ntpga.com/TOPP Racing SM (shameless plug) when I came home. Blake Clement put on a clinic winning both races easily. I had problems in both days qualifying sessions and started in the back or close to it for both races. Saturday I finished 16th and Sunday 13th. Lots of mistakes and a couple of backoffs to keep from getting body damage. Sunday I had worked my way in the top ten only to see high engine temps again. I think I am close to taking the Sunbelt kool aid. The 1.8 is really a hand full at NPR. It gets caught in the middle of a turn or two when you are bumping the rev limiter. Everything went well at Tech save for a repeat offender having a "chipped ECU" and an altered downpipe. Penalties to come. Lucky for me they haven't found my NOS yet!!!!
    OH BTW, NPR is very very tough on tires. After a session it looked like a cheese grater had been working on the rubber. Next race for me will be either July or August at Hallett.
    Mac

13th and 16th sound like pretty respectable results for starting near the back of the pack on both days. Congrats, IPRESS!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    13th and 16th sound like pretty respectable results for starting near the back of the pack on both days. Congrats, IPRESS!
    ...unless there were only 17 cars..... :) Who was the bad boy, Mac?
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Aaron had ECU and exhaust problems.

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    Aaron had ECU and exhaust problems.

hmmmmmmmmm....strike TWO
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'