Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #4 May 6th, 2012

Or we could paint it orange stand it on it's end and make it a pivot cone

Only board members can show up at noon or leave at noon without working.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Only board members can show up at noon or leave at noon without working.
    Now that's funny.

On-site registration available?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    On-site registration available?
    Yes.

I wonder how much it would cost to get a street sweeper to clean the site after every 2 events. Mainly to keep the lot owners happy that we are not covering the site with gravel but also to make it better for us.

We could use the one we already have but it needs some repairs.
    Andy Cost

I was thinking more of hiring one of the large ones to come out and take care of it, but doing it our self could also be an option if it would cost too much to hire one. I have no idea what it would cost to have one come out.

I'll bet Mesquite owns some. Surely they can be hired or even simply requested by the ISD?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

They are available for rent.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    They are available for rent.
    For the curious, how much do they cost to rent?

A little one is $400/day
    Andy Cost

Good forecast for tomorrow! On-site registration is available. Registration/tech open at 7:30, I believe.
    Polished Turd Racing

Much better course today and the break in the middle of the event to blow the course really helped.

I also liked the schedule. The short blowing break is nice for the other participants, and makes a sweet work assignment for someone. Even with the a/b-a/b format and 30 min break we got 7 runs and finished before 3.

The site has some gravel, but it has some nice grip in areas too and room for several different configurations. I think we will look at building a course with the start and trailer close to the planetarium building, and the finish at the other end where start was today. I like using the lane behind the stadium for in/out since it is wasted space otherwise.

Even though the gravel makes things tricky, it was a good exercise in sticking to your line and there were places where you could definitely drive it aggressively. Fun slip angles!

Thanks for all the feedback today! I've got a really fun course planned for ER #5 in Mineral Wells next month.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    The short blowing break is nice for the other participants, and makes a sweet work assignment for someone.
    Phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    The short blowing break is nice for the other participants, and makes a sweet work assignment for someone.

Awesome event today, I enjoyed the format as well. All those who based their opinions of MMS off the first event should be sorry they missed!

And I think I have to take some credit for "the cone" that took forever to reset. I was responsible for chalking and I am not sure if I did that one or not. I will say though that where it ended up for the B2 group was a good 1 1/2 to 2 feet tighter than it should have been. A gentleman showed me his photo from earlier in the day where the first three cones were on the same line and I have a photo of the after where the cone is much further in. It hurt me in the end as I hit that cone on my last R-run. Sorry everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    Phrasing.
    Hey, when you've got Garcia at an event, you want to take advantage of his skill set!
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    And I think I have to take some credit for "the cone" that took forever to reset. I was responsible for chalking and I am not sure if I did that one or not.
    I think the blowing had more to do with it than anything.

Fun course. The e92 M3 was more fun to AX than I thought it would be in stock setup.
    M3 is always the answer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast