Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye to an old friend...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    So Sammm... gimme some details on the shock and the fork, will ya?
    oops...sorry, forgot.

Seeing as how it's 6-7 years old, it's probably not worth much. I think I'm going to keep it for an emergency spare.

Gotcha.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Well?!?

Has it arrived? Is it assembled? How do you like it? Would you buy from them again?

If you still have the old one, have you thought about having it welded?

Enquiring minds, and all...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Wow, digging deep into last months archive! Yes, my new Jamis did arrive 2-3 weeks ago. I ended up getting a new '03 Dakar Sport. The only difference between it and the 'normal' Dakar is the Sport has disc brakes and an upgraded front shock. It was packed well and my assembly was minimal. It's a great bike and I'd buy from them again!

As far as my old GT goes, it's too late for welding. I stripped it clean and sold off a bunch of stuff on Ebay.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Cool

Thanks for the update. I'm past due for a replacement, and I like their prices -- but without the benefit of your experience they're just another mysterious online retailer.

I still wouldn't mind finding a good local shop to support, but the mom-and-pops rotate brands constantly and RBM screwed me on a Schwinn warranty claim (over 10 years ago, but I'm still bitter).

With the service I received at Jack Johnston near White Rock Lake, I always swore they'd sell me my next ride. But their storefront's vacant and they're not in the yellow pages. Guess I waited too long...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I hear ya' on warranty claims. The GT I broke had a lifetime frame warranty. I checked their website and it states anything bought prior to 1998 (or somewhere around there) wasn't covered since they had filed bankruptcy after that.

There aren't many Mom&Pop bike shops around anymore, or bike shops in general. There are only a handful left. Besides, how often do you have to take a bike in for service these days? Buy on the web and save some bucks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12