Thread: China's 220mph Train

Default China's 220mph Train

Linkie.

Very cool. Wish we had one of these to Austin. The cost seems absolutely prohibitive (3x more than standard high speed trains like the TGV?!), but the technology is wicked cool.

S.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

To Austin?!? I don't see any way to get my truck on that thing.

Rode the Chunnel from London to Paris. Not much of a view part of the time, but the rest of the trip was fantastic. Just not sure my fellow Texicans are ready for mass transit. Most complain about tollways
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Maybe if they built it they'd put some security cameras on the platforms... unlike DART, which apparently doesn't care much about the security of its patrons. One of our S2000 friends was attacked on a DART platform recently.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Maybe if they built it they'd put some security cameras on the platforms... unlike DART, which apparently doesn't care much about the security of its patrons. One of our S2000 friends was attacked on a DART platform recently.
    [rant mode on]
    Reading his story just royally pissed me off...I've had idiot thugs approach me like that before, but where I grew up, you never take your eyes off of these thug bastards... and I still don't. Man...I'm steamed!
    [rant mode off]