Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Autocross #6, Dallas Raceway, 8/12/12

Dang Google maps show Crandall, TX being quite a ways from the Palatial Casa de POS. Evil KK and I will be headed that way in about 20 minutes.

Event 6 Proposed Run/Work
    Run 1 / Work 3:
    AM, BP, CP, CSP, DM, DP, DSP, ES, ESP, GS, HS, SMF, STX, STR

Run 2 / Work 1:
    XP, AS, ASP, BM, CM, FS, FSAE, GP, SSP, SS, STF, STS, STU, X

Run 3 / Work 2:
    BS, BSP, CS, DS, EM, EP, F125, FP, FSP, SM, SSM, STC, T, W
    Link - http://texasscca.org/soloautocross

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Dang Google maps show Crandall, TX being quite a ways from the Palatial Casa de POS. Evil KK and I will be headed that way in about 20 minutes.
    I'm sure Evil will be in a great mood after getting up so early. We will have a cookie waiting on her to cheer her up.

Can I switch from tire class to SSP?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Can I switch from tire class to SSP?
    Nooooo!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    No lunch break right?
    There's on site food for lunch. The track is opening up the concession stand at the track for lunch. Hambugers hot dogs & such!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Love the new site! Our Lemons car was truly a piece of crap, but was still a blast to drive (in a twisted, almost comical sense).

I haven't had that much fun in something that ugly since college.

And no, I didn't own a car in college.
    Last edited by TexasStig; 08-12-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Great site!! Reminds me of Marana Regional Airport, the place the AZ Border Region plays at, just half the size. Thanks again Aaron for letting me codrive and to Nick in the FR-S for letting me ride shotgun for a run. I see that car being in my garage in the distant future....
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Another great day thanks to the team at SCCA. Cool new venue. Well run and a great course (fast and challenging). 5 runs of fun. Good times, good times. Thanks again to everyone that bust their tails bringing us these events.

ps. thank you for the water Hal. Appreciate it.

Pics from today's SCCA event. It sometimes take a few hours before the link is active.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11761...CLbNqPur_LWxYg

The new site is really excellent. I hope we will run many more events out there. The facility is terrific, the surface is in great shape and is very consistent. The grip was...odd. In the turns, it was grippy concrete, but in the fast offsets it felt a bit slippery, even though the tires would hang on at big slip angles. Not sure if it was just a little dusty or maybe had some residue in places from the drag race paddock that normally resides there. Still, it was a solid 60-sec course, and the site could easily accommodate longer courses for events with fewer drivers, or draw-up a super-fast, open 45-sec course. I never even noticed the light poles I know are there.

The fact that they were willing to open-up an excellent concession stand, and the good shade under the grandstands makes it even more attractive. Dallas Raceway is a great addition to the selection of sites, especially after the loss of PMS for most clubs and the shrinking of the Bus Lot. How cool is it to have yet another type of surface to run on?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I'm willing to drive 1.5 hrs again! Well worth the drive. Everything about the venue is great. STR is one competitive class! Hopefully NTAXS and BMW will run there or I'm going to have to join scca just to run there again! Great course and event, except for me getting dehydrated!

I think Jimmy Jan forgot to update his signature to 20 mph

I give the new site .

I'm willing to drive 1.5 hrs again! Well worth the drive. Everything about the venue is great. STR is one competitive class! Hopefully NTAXS and BMW will run there or I'm going to have to join scca just to run there again! Great course and event, except for me getting dehydrated!
    Glad you liked the site. Not trying to threadjack or anything but ER will be there October 14th.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Glad you liked the site. Not trying to threadjack or anything but ER will be there October 14th.
    I will be there too!

Once again, my 100 HP wonder beat a GT-R. Makes me feel kind of special.

Question

Nice venue!
    But what was up with the 174 cone slalom near the end followed up with he gates of doom??

'Tupid Jimmie!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast