Thread: OBD2 question

Default OBD2 question

Does OBD2 store old codes like OBD1 does? I just got a CEL on my element and it's pulling 2 codes: cat conv/O2 system and evap system leak. Thing is a couple months ago I had my cat converter stolen (in old company parkinglot) along with the o2 sensor, so obviously it threw that one exact code on the way to the muffler shop. They cleared the light, but wondering if the code was still stored when I had it read. Guy at Oreileys couldn't comprehend such words as these put in the form of a question.

Could it be that the gas cap failed at the exact same time my generic cat shat the bed? Cat's under warranty so no big deal there, and i screwed the cap down tighter but the light still persists, maybe it's time for a new one.

--------

Oh yea and one of the big motor mounts just failed. It feels like a wheel severely out of balance. When I hit the gas it shakes bad enough the doors rattle in their frames. I just had the tires rebalanced hoping that was it, no dice. Figures. I haven't washed this thing in months. I just had it washed/waxed/detailed, and not a week later all this shit. At least ive got plenty of cars to choose from at the moment, heh.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

If it was cleared, the codes you saw are freshly set.
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.