Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question removing rotors

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Quality? How can you screw it up? Most Auto Parts stores have a machine that turns them automatically. Idiot proof.
    Eh, I disagree. When I worked at a shop in NJ with a rotor cutter, there was a kid working there that couldn't cut a rotor to save his life. Yes, it's a VERY basic machine, but there are plenty of ways to screw it up if you try hard enough.

Driver

For the Miata, rotors are so cheap, just buy new ones from Napa. I think they are actually cheaper (or damn near) than the cutting IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    Oh yea, while im down there is there any other maintenance that should be taken care of on a 100k+ car??
    Just take a peek at the usual things: brake lines, ball joint boots, all the bushings in the area, axle boots in the rear, shocks for leakage...basically at least glance at any wear item.

Anytime I have the wheels off the ground I check the tie rods, wheel bearings, and ball joints using the "shake test."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Just take a peek at the usual things: brake lines, ball joint boots, all the bushings in the area, axle boots in the rear, shocks for leakage...basically at least glance at any wear item.

Anytime I have the wheels off the ground I check the tie rods, wheel bearings, and ball joints using the "shake test."
    Rob® keep up the good work answering a questions from 2005!

Hey Red Frontier there is no charge to make a new post on this forum, give it a try its fun!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Umm...it was for search purposes.

Hey Red Frontier there is no charge to make a new post on this forum, give it a try its fun!
    Haha. I saw this thread this morning and thought, I don't remember opening this...

FWIW the rotors came off easily if I remember correctly. Replaced with NAPA blanks.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Chassis Designer

I think it is an M8 x 1.25 but I could be wrong. I've always used the bolt from the spare or the jack if needed (and it isn't always needed).
    Thanks that was a perfect fit. Rotors are off, taped, and ready for paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Eh, I disagree. When I worked at a shop in NJ with a rotor cutter, there was a kid working there that couldn't cut a rotor to save his life. Yes, it's a VERY basic machine, but there are plenty of ways to screw it up if you try hard enough.
    Yeah well that comment was over six years ago. I would never turn Miata rotors. Just buy new ones.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12