Thread: The NTAXS is proud to announce two new classes (X and XR)

Default The NTAXS is proud to announce two new classes (X and XR)

The NTAXS is proud to announce two new classes (X and XR) for the 2013 season. Class X is open to all vehicles (regardless of engine size or induction) as long as they are using street tires (140 tread wear rating or higher). Class XR is open to all vehicles (regardless of engine size or induction), including those with tires with less than a 140 tread wear rating. This allows vehicles normally classed separately to participate together in the same class and heat. For example, Honda S2000s built for SCCA STR Solo competition are normally in a different class than Mazda Miatas built for SCCA STR Solo competition. They can now compete together in the X class. The existing classes (1-3, 1R-3R, and S2000) will remain.

strathound

Is there a Novice class? I'd love to compete with all manner of vehicle (displacement, induction, tires, whatever) at the novice level. Just drive, see how it goes, kind of like a kiddie area. :)

There are no immediate plans for a Novice class.

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    There are no immediate plans for a Novice class.

Does that mean I can bring out a BMod car and run in XR?

It does say "open to all vehicles..."

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    The NTAXS is proud to announce two new classes (X and XR) for the 2013 season. Class X is open to all vehicles (regardless of engine size or induction) as long as they are using street tires (140 tread wear rating or higher). Class XR is open to all vehicles (regardless of engine size or induction), including those with tires with less than a 140 tread wear rating. This allows vehicles normally classed separately to participate together in the same class and heat. For example, Honda S2000s built for SCCA STR Solo competition are normally in a different class than Mazda Miatas built for SCCA STR Solo competition. They can now compete together in the X class. The existing classes (1-3, 1R-3R, and S2000) will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    Does that mean I can bring out a BMod car and run in XR?
    Yes. Or you could run in 3R.

Don't forget the fine print about providing "servicing" to the event organizers in the event your B Mod car spews parts on course, catches on fire, or otherwise delays the event.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I brought this up because... I did bring out the BMod car at one time and it was not fair to the other drivers in the class. This was back when it was called a S2K event. I asked for an X or U (unlimited) class to keep from running people off. It seem like the following year only production cars were allowed. I don't expect a bunch of mod cars but just want to make sure the rules are what you intended. You know US SCCA type like rules.

Tailchaser my old car only had to be pushed off course 3 times. (Well that is all that I remember) I guess that is 3 times more than any of my MX-5's.

lim x->0 of 3/x = +infinity...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Awesome! Can't wait to get beaten in the X class this season!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

General default brings up a good point. You may want to narrow the rule to any street legal car, or production based car.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    General default brings up a good point. You may want to narrow the rule to any street legal car, or production based car.
    That's why he's the General

If we actually get a mod car at an event, then we will worry about classing then. It's really not a big deal.

Can I bring a shifter kart and run it in XR against the Bmod car? Or maybe just 1R since it's under 2.0L.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Can I bring a shifter kart and run it in XR against the Bmod car? Or maybe just 1R since it's under 2.0L.
    Yes, but I think there is a bylaw that says you will have to add ballast until your car weighs at least as much as KenO's head.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait to get beaten in the X class this season!
    I'm exited about this new class. If all y'all move to X class, my average finish might move from 5th to 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Yes, but I think there is a bylaw that says you will have to add ballast until your car weighs at least as much as KenO's head.
    Kart wouldn't move
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car