Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to for a throw out bearing

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Well it was so nice yesterday morning I decided to drive the POS, she has been resting quietly in the garage while I have been deciding what her future holds, and guess what no evil throw out bearing noise at all...... How can that be???
    That leaky Main Seal has been leaking oil all over the bearing for the last week, helping to hide your noise!

***DISCLAIMER***
    Titus often has no clue what he is talking about, so take his WAG for what it is!
    He made an ugly face when I suggested that in person... You may want to duck.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Well it was so nice yesterday morning I decided to drive the POS, she has been resting quietly in the garage while I have been deciding what her future holds, and guess what no evil throw out bearing noise at all...... How can that be???
    That leaky Main Seal has been leaking oil all over the bearing for the last week, helping to hide your noise!

***DISCLAIMER***
    Titus often has no clue what he is talking about, so take his WAG for what it is!
    He made an ugly face when I suggested that in person... You may want to duck.

Or maybe it actually heard my, "I don't need this shit right now" speech.

Hey the same guy that painted my car painted that duck
    99 Miata Black

^^

thats better...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    ^^

thats better...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^^

thats better...
    Look! Billy got his new horns mounted! :P

^^

thats better...
    I don't care who ya are, that's just funny!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

LMAO...Hey now there's an idea I have not thought of...steer horns..hhhmmm Maybe Elk.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    LMAO...Hey now there's an idea I have not thought of...steer horns..hhhmmm Maybe Elk.
    A Miata with horns.... only in Texas!

Side note: Coming from California, my wife and I fully expected to see every other car on the road to be a Cadillac or a pickup with horns on the hood. I am pleasantly surprised to note that in 7 months, I have spotted only 2 horned pickups and no horned Cadillacs.

I should have mentioned I was only joking, believe it or not there are some limits to my insanity...lol
    What about a Gumby hood ornament?
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I should have mentioned I was only joking, believe it or not there are some limits to my insanity...lol
    What about a Gumby hood ornament?
    I sure hope you are! I wouldn't want to see the MME TCB faction have to come over there and rough you up for going over the line!

LOL, I would be asking for it then I guess.
    99 Miata Black

Just watch out! They'll change your title from "Driver" to something extra special!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Well drove the old girl again today, and no noise again. How can this be?

I'm tellin' ya... The ghosts of Triumphs past are in your garage. Hence small, tough to find oil leaks. One of them did you a favor and dripped a little extra oil on that bearing. Hooah! Problem solved!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I'm tellin' ya... The ghosts of Triumphs past are in your garage. Hence small, tough to find oil leaks. One of them did you a favor and dripped a little extra oil on that bearing. Hooah! Problem solved!
    I think you may be on to something!

Maybe she knows I have been looking at Autotrader dot com!

I just got my car back from Miata Solutions last night, and the noise was not the throwout bearing. The noise was the pilot bearing. This can after some time mess up the input shaft on the transmission. I would highly recommend to anyone with this noise to have it fixed quickly, as it could result in replacing an entire transmission if let go too long.

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    ...could result in replacing an entire transmission if let go too long.
    You hear that Sparky? You better get in there and get it done before you end up dropping the transmission on the autocross course.

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    ...could result in replacing an entire transmission if let go too long.
    You hear that Sparky? You better get in there and get it done before you end up dropping the transmission on the autocross course.
    Yeahm but you forget that POS is only transmitting 88hp through that shaft. His will probably last forever.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast