Thread: What to do with 200+ old phones?

Default What to do with 200+ old phones?

I have several boxes full of old cell phones. I do mean old. I have several Motorola units that hard wired to the car. Old school with the curly cord.

I have about 40 of every other model of nokia ever made. I also have about 40 of every model push to talk ever made. I have taken out all the ones that still have a chance of working and gave them to the womens shelter.

I have brand new in the package Startec batteries.

Im just not sure what if anything I could do with all of these but fill a dumpster.

New necklace trend?

Turn them into lighted windshield squirters? Bringing it back, lol.
    95-white Artech Boost
    99-blue PART-OUT!!

FYI you're probably on a homeland security watch list now after this post

Cell phone circuits have any gold leads in them? Maybe in bulk it might add up to a few hundred cents worth?
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

My church collects old cell phones for some charity. I can find out the charity and send you the info if you like. It maybe Wed before I can find out. At MSR-C this weekend.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Suspension Modder

I heard of people buying them to ship to Mexico for either the internals or getting more use out of them. I have no idea on how much profit there is.

I heard their shipping Mexicans up here for a profit.
    95-white Artech Boost
    99-blue PART-OUT!!

There is a commercial electronics recycler in Irving that my old company used to get rid of old computers. Best Buy recycles old cell phones but they might not want that many at a time. Please dont put them in the normal trash!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I know someone who would want the startac batteries, if you want to sell them.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."