Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Autocross, Sun 4/14/13, Dallas Raceway

Quote Originally Posted by UTenigma View Post
    Exactly - I was behind the fence behind the corner 1 workers then. Even I jumped back after I took that picture

No faith... I'm still not sure what I was trying, but it was wrong. I was too greedy. It jumped pretty fast... but I don't think I even spun. I went back to look at my video and apparently I didn't hit go on that run

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    No faith... I'm still not sure what I was trying, but it was wrong. I was too greedy. It jumped pretty fast... but I don't think I even spun. I went back to look at my video and apparently I didn't hit go on that run
    No, you didn't spin - I think that's what made it scary b/c you were headed right at us for a disconcerting period of time. I'm sure everyone was thinking the same thing as me at that point - "there's no time penalty for corner workers"

Quote Originally Posted by UTenigma View Post
    No, you didn't spin - I think that's what made it scary b/c you were headed right at us for a disconcerting period of time. I'm sure everyone was thinking the same thing as me at that point - "there's no time penalty for corner workers"
    I kill my share of cones... But I haven't hit a corner worker yet. I had my eye on you guys the whole time and was laughing at how quickly everybody ran.

jrj512 has flashed me during a slide before while the other corner worker turned to run.

I was courseworking Corner 1 and had a front row seat. You started the run and thought about going on the wrong side of that first cone wall until the very last moment. You then swerved hard right to not DNF the run and lost it.
    I know it's white, but here comes the hot sauce, 964 C2

jrj512 has flashed me during a slide before while the other corner worker turned to run.
    Really, that mental picture before lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    I was courseworking Corner 1 and had a front row seat. You started the run and thought about going on the wrong side of that first cone wall until the very last moment. You then swerved hard right to not DNF the run and lost it.
    I'm new... I even raised my hand when they asked.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    Really, that mental picture before lunch?
    That was last year at a TT. I was blinded by the pasty white.

I hope you don't think I'm calling you out, just stating my recollection of the event.

I had a similar WTF moment in the afternoon session, coming onto the last straight, slide got away from me badly, sharply snapped over in the opposite direction. Courseworks went running, I nearly fell off the concrete slab and came close to one of those barrels.
    I know it's white, but here comes the hot sauce, 964 C2

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    I hope you don't think I'm calling you out, just stating my recollection of the event.
    You aren't hurting my feelings. I learned that move from miatamoto

Rookies! You haven't learned the art of DNF until you can get Sigrid to yell at you and have a babysitter put in your passenger seat. I was also told by my fellow senior corner worker Mr. Frisbee that if you impede a driver with your worthless body that they deduct 2 sec from the driver for slowing them down and add 2 sec to your next run as a penalty!

Glad to know I wasn't the only one getting confused out there! And I will share a piece of advise SlowChildMiata that I was taught this weekend: Always look FORWARD ... stop looking at the corner workers! Geez you will never get any fast with you looking all over the place ... Geez!
    Last edited by BatoLoco13; 04-18-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatoLoco13 View Post
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one getting confused out there! And I will share a piece of advise SlowChildMiata that I was taught this weekend: Always look FORWARD ... stop looking at the corner workers! Geez you will never get any fast with you looking all over the place ... Geez!
    Sounds like good advice... I wish somebody would have told me that.

a Miata on fat tires going from a dry high grip surface to hydroplaning on puddles of water, can't possibly be any drama in that ....

VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I feel like I just got called out for real now.

I feel like I just got called out for real now.
    Miata hits water, Miata slides, Miata still gets FTD.....twice.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Miata hits water, Miata slides, Miata still gets FTD.....twice.
    Was that water or just liquids that said Miata dumped on a previous run?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Was that water or just liquids that said Miata dumped on a previous run?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12