Thread: Marathon Bomb

Default Marathon Bomb

What exactly has the world devolved to when the acts of supposedly "principled" individuals acting for a "cause" choose the weak and most vulnerable targets to exact their pound of flesh? Who do they think is looking on from afar and saying "boy, he/she sure showed THEM," or "That really gives credibility to our cause."

Can we please end the politically-correct "everybody matters" bullshit and start teaching everyone from an early age that offing yourself in the woods is a perfectly acceptable solution to being a human failure? If they are miserable, broke, angry, hopeless, etc. and see no point in going-on with the world, don't take-down others, just go pick a fight in Afghanistan or something, jump off a cliff, play with rattlesnakes, whatever.

Fuck you, coward, whoever you are.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

+1 Well put!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Well put OZMDD!

I'm thinking it was a band of cowards since it looks like multiple bombs were used....

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Chicken shit, cowardice, mother fvckers. They will burn for eternity.

I just dont see what anybody gets out of this... i heard it all over the airport today!!
    i work at dfw btw guys

Unfortunately, this is the time of year year when all of the crazies come out of hibernation. Remember, Friday is April 19th- anniversary of Waco and OKC.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Strap a bomb to the ass holes who did this. Trigger it when a set number is entered. Connect it to a random number generator and a dead man's switch. That way they don't know when the thing will go off or they can choose to release the switch and get it over with. Of course the display needs to be in plain sight so they can watch it.

I like Patton Oswalt's comment:

Boston. Fucking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Good quote.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

OK fine but as one of the "Good People" I'm getting tired of these sick bastards trying to kill me or my family members for no apparent reason.....

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

A guy in my class today, who sounded a lot like Si on Duck Dynasty, pointed out that for everyone of the monsters involved in this, he saw dozens rising to the occassion and helping people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by CREED
    by Steven Turner
    We believe that everything's getting better
    despite evidence to the contrary.
    The evidence must be investigated.
    You can prove anything with evidence.
    - - -
    We believe that man is essentially good.
    It's only his behaviour that lets him down.
    This is the fault of society.
    Society is the fault of conditions.
    Conditions are the fault of society.
    The whole work is here http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/creed/

IMHO, evil has been in the world since the beginning. What matters is how you deal with it.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

We are at the March For Babies in Ardmore, OK this morning. The Carter Co. SO bomb dog is making its way around the park sniffing the trash cans. What a world.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67