Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NO!!!!Not Dallas Raceway, too!!!

Um, have you priced the infield course? Even SCCA has opted not to do their annual autox there anymore.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

TMS will allow us to run the parking lot on the infield.
    M3 is always the answer.

The first AutoX event I attended was a PCA event at Ranger's Stadium. There was more than enough room and IIRC it was concrete.
    Is that still rentable?
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Um, have you priced the infield course? Even SCCA has opted not to do their annual autox there anymore.
    Yes, I know it's too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    TMS will allow us to run the parking lot on the infield.
    Do we know how large it is? Surface type? Price?

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    The first AutoX event I attended was a PCA event at Ranger's Stadium. There was more than enough room and IIRC it was concrete.
    Is that still rentable?
    Limited availability. Maximum cost!

I think the last I heard those sites were 12 times more expensive than mineral wells. To pay for that we either need 12 times as many entrants or raise entry fees to around $500. Both are not likely to happen.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    ER has secured alternate sites for the remainder of the season just in case. I'm working securing on a top secret new site right now.
    Pssst ... you can tell us where this site is ... I promise we won't tell anyone!
    Last edited by BatoLoco13; 05-02-2013 at 07:05 AM.

It is a public road race. We will make a loop from GWB turnpike onto Trinity Mills then up Marsh and back to GWB. Trophies at your house when we are finished.
    Andy Cost

I'm sure the local law enforcement will chip in with performance awards too.

Andy, you have done a great job getting new sites. I am not a big fan of the Mesquite sites we have better options at the moment. I would not mind having one event a year at the Mesquite sites just to keep our feet in the door just in case we lose some or all of the other sites. Hope that never happens but you never know. Keep up the good work. Can’t wait to see the new site if that works out.

The open road event sounds like a hoot, can't wait

It is a public road race. We will make a loop from GWB turnpike onto Trinity Mills then up Marsh and back to GWB. Trophies at your house when we are finished.
    Sounds good to me, we can all take a dip in the pool and drinks at the bar ... but it would be unfair to everyone else since that is my "Home" track!

Dallas Raceway isn't out of the picture yet. I've spoken with the management at the site and there might be some good news soon.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    The problem with that is entry from the road is on the other side of the lot. All the cars would have to wait for a heat to finish before you could exit/enter.
    Why is that a problem? I have been to many events and other sites where this is the norm.

Mike, I agree that everyone has their own opinions and views on the different sites. But the Mesquite lots are just too small, gravely and dangerous for anything but an STR miata

In all seriousness, it is nice to have lot owners who are excited about us attending. But just because the ugly girl gets excited about the possibility of a date with you, doesn't mean you should actually take her out.

Like Robert said, we have better options for now. Hopefully it never comes down to Mesquite being the ONLY option, otherwise I will be making some long drives to other regions for events.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Why is that a problem? I'm usually the last guy in heat making the corner workers wait for me to take my final run anyway.
    Fixed it for you, J-Fo.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    But the Mesquite lots are just too small, gravely and dangerous for anything but an STR miata
    I can definately understand your concerns for safety, especially since you have appeared on the insurance exclusion list.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Andy Cost

Man, tough crowd. A guy careens down a mountain ONCE and never hears the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Fixed it for you, J-Fo.
    That may have been the case when we ran the vette. But that was like 3 years ago. Still has nothing to do with "cars" leaving the grid area.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

He's a good sport about it. I'm sure if it started to get on his nerves he would let us know.
    Andy Cost

He's a good sport about it. I'm sure if it started to get on his nerves he would let us know.
    Not that we would stop or anything

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast