Thread: 2013 MotoGP Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas

Default 2013 MotoGP Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas

My lovely wife got tickets for our anniversary so i'm showing them off. Anyone else going? We'll be bringing my son with us for at least one of the days so it'll be his first(of many) motorsports exposure. Probably will terrify him but at least his nightmares will be full of mean sounding 'biklecycles' & gas/tire fumes instead of bugs and evil trains.

Last edited by Jiggerachi; 04-13-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I am going Saturday and Sunday. Ill be GA too, so we should get together. I went to F1 the facility is amazing, and I cant wait to see MotoGP.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

That's going to be awesome...enjoy guys!

Marc, since you've been to the facility before do you remember the better corners to sit(stand)? How's the visibility from GA? I'll be there with my son Friday and will probably walk around checking it out, but our mobility will be somewhat limited, at some point we'll probably have to stop & post up somewhere.

Definitely we'll meet up. I'll PM you my cell just shoot me a text whenever.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

There really isnt a bad GA spot in the house. There is a lot of space under the stands on the hill by turn 1. I walked every corner Friday last year. Turn 18-19 has the best grass and is closest to the gate so it was pretty packed but it was a good spot too. I ended up watching the race from between 2 and 3, which was ok, but I'd change for this race. I think the hill at turn 12 will be awesome for Moto. It was a huge stand for F1.

Just read parking is $60 per day. HOLY MOLEY.

Looking for online passes but doesn't look like they sell them. Any better ideas? I think taking a cab would be cheaper than parking there.

BTW our babysitter partially fell through so looks like 3 days with at least one kid, might turn out to be too much for him. Anyone interested in Friday tickets? Not really ready to sell, but could be talked out of them if someone were interested.

Edit: looks like info was changed or I was mistaken. I'll see about public transportation, but not as easy with our GIGANTIC 2 seat stroller, haha.

From the FAQ:
    14. What are the Parking Policies?
    *ALL INFO BELOW IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

• All parking lots will open at 6:30 A.M.
    • There will NO day of event parking passes on sale.
    • Cash parking will be available in Lot F (unpaved) for $30 per day.
    • There will be NO in and out parking privileges, no exceptions.
    • Please keep in mind that there will be NO shuttle service to and from the track.
    • If you have not done so, we encourage you to purchase your parking pass in advance to help alleviate your time of travel.
      • Parking passes areno longer available.
      • No pedestrians, with or without a ticket, or vehicles without the proper credentials will be admitted into the circuit. Bicycle policies are still under development and can be checked at our transportation link on the following line for the latest information.
      • Please refer to our website link for any questions. Transportation Information - COTA

Link to FAQ

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/faq-motogp
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 04-17-2013 at 09:04 AM.

You have an awesome wife bro! LoL Glad you are getting the time to go. My dad and I want to go but we just don't have the time this go around. I hope you enjoy
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

Race weekend was a friggin blast! This is the first event of this caliber i've been to. After this I'm planning on going back for the F1 race in the fall.

I thought the Moto3 race was the most exciting actually. If anyone didn't see it, they had a red flag & called the race with 5 laps to go. The officials then changed their mind, lined everyone back up and had a 5 lap 'sprint' race. Was awesome.

Marc, I missed you Sunday, but were you on T1 for the Moto3 race?

Took a TON of photos, here are some of the 'Flickr' worthy ones.

More photos:

Photo sucks, but that last one was Marquez' record setting checker. You can see how close Pedrosa came as Marquez threw his hands up prematurely celebrating, haha.

Here's the full album, well the most interesting photos anyway. Picasa changed to google plus and the options are all screwy, can't figure out how to 'share' to public. Let me know if yall can't access the album.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10214...60023853207345

Yeah it was some awesome racing. Those guys are crazy for sure. I looked for you Sunday but it was pretty full and tough to spot in a crowd. I heard that the moto3 deal was that since the race wasnt 2/3 complete they restart it. The riders and teams though that they were 2/3 done, but they were on the lap that would complete 2/3 not done with it. Make sense?