Thread: Need R-12

Default Need R-12

The '87 e30 A/C is cool but not cold. I think it needs freon but I don't think it was converted. The connectors are still the older style. Looking for someone to test and recharge the system.
    M3 is always the answer.

Hmm what's it worth to you? I have a 30lb drum and gauges. For what it's worth the AC in my old E30 would freeze you out. Take a look at the drier since it is the older style and see if you can see any bubbles in the site glass.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Might call Graham A/C here in Dallas. They did mine year before last, was about $90 for r12 in the Miata. I still have 2 cans of r12, but no gauges....... If someone want's to bring gauges to Keller........ lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just because it has the old style connectors doesn't mean that it has R12. A lot of people don't bother with the connectors.

Ken - I have a license to buy/sell R12. Call Oreilleys and see if they have any in stock. They used to stock it at least a few years ago when I last needed some. They keep it behind the counter and will only sell to someone with a license. The other place to look is ebay.