Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Nats - because it's never too soon to plan...

Default 2013 Nats - because it's never too soon to plan...

Who is going this year?

Aaron and I are contemplating a trip to Lincoln this year. We are factoring in gas to get there and back, hotel, registration, and the big question mark...tires. Since we are on a tight budget, we are going to be on the lookout for "lightly used" A6s or V710s so we can take a stab at the GS jacket. Other than John Berget tire, are there any other sources online or otherwise that can help us out?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Why aren't you going to run in RTR?

Yes, why not RTR? If you don't have the budget for sticker Hoosiers and at least one other set for testing and setup, its probably a wasted trip. You are already dialed form street tires.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    If you don't have the budget for sticker Hoosiers and at least one other set for testing and setup, its probably a wasted trip. You are already dialed form street tires.
    +1000

Buy a new set of streets and have them camber shaved (still legal this year) then go win RT2.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Why aren't you going to run in RTR?
    The run days are Thursday/Friday...It would be impossible to convince my boss to miss a football game "for a few days of racing". Also, since RTR is a supplemental class, it doesn't have a jacket tied to it.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    it doesn't have a jacket tied to it.
    Wow, that's confidence!

Who does camber shaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    +1000

Buy a new set of streets and have them camber shaved (still legal this year) then go win RT2.

Your boss Jerry Jones?
    The run days are Thursday/Friday...It would be impossible to convince my boss to miss a football game "for a few days of racing".

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Wow, that's confidence!
    Indeed. I don't mean to discourage you or anyone for that matter. But the possibility of one winning nationals their first time is so rare it's almost not even worth mentioning. If you head up there with that intention you will surely be disappointed.

That being said, Nationals is one of the best racing experiences you will ever have. Whether it's your 1st time or your last. I have no doubt both of you will do very very well. Just don't put the pressure of competition on yourselves and it will make the event that much more enjoyable. Knowing you run Thr, Fri. I would highly recommend getting there on Tuesday. That gives you a day to absorb it all, a day to prepare and then you race. I think most veterans would agree with me on that. Getting there on Monday would be even better.

As far as tires. If you chose to run in open. I would suggest running V710's or BFG R1's over used hoosiers. Used hoosiers are very fickle. You may get some with very little run count that are horrible or vice versa. And the only time hoosiers are better than the alternative is when they are new. Otherwise, Kumhos and BFG's are much more consistent throughout their life cycle. Also, with the heat and abrasiveness that Lincoln presents, you may run out of tire sooner than you plan to on used hoosiers.

I would suggest running the car as-is personally.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    Who does camber shaving?
    I know some circle track guys that can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Wow, that's confidence!
    Hahaha, maybe. Honestly, I just don't want to make a trip to nats to run in a class that doesn't earn a jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    Your boss Jerry Jones?
    Arlington ISD. The bad part about being a band director in Texas is that you are married to Friday night football games

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    As far as tires. If you chose to run in open. I would suggest running V710's or BFG R1's over used hoosiers. Used hoosiers are very fickle. You may get some with very little run count that are horrible or vice versa. And the only time hoosiers are better than the alternative is when they are new. Otherwise, Kumhos and BFG's are much more consistent throughout their life cycle. Also, with the heat and abrasiveness that Lincoln presents, you may run out of tire sooner than you plan to on used hoosiers.
    Yeah, I have had bad results on used A6s. Bought the tires, ran -2.8 camber up front with very high pressures and corded the shoulders at El Toro after 5 runs. Was not pleased... If this actually happens I'll be looking for V710s.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Amazing what happens when you ask politely...

It looks like I would be able to go for the RTR days. Now this camber shaving...I'm assuming that means you shave more of the inside of each tire?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Looks like the registration opens Friday!

In regards to paddock, do we all try to stay together or do we just find a spot thats convenient?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I'm in!! So freaking excited...

So has anyone got their paddock space yet?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I'm in!! So freaking excited...

So has anyone got their paddock space yet?
    Been trying since last night with no luck. Keeps telling me I'm not registered despite being on the list as
    And confirmation email. Site manager has not responded to multiple emails. Just as mucked up as last year with the same bozo in charge.

Make sure you have your information selected on the left gray box before you click the square you want. Region, Member #, email address that Motorsportsreg has on file. If that did not work use your Android device. :)
    Good luck...
    Neff is at R02C06SB Guess you want the one opposite that one.

Site manager might be at Rocky Mountain Match event.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Been trying since last night with no luck. Keeps telling me I'm not registered despite being on the list as
    And confirmation email. Site manager has not responded to multiple emails. Just as mucked up as last year with the same bozo in charge.
    Last edited by general default; 06-22-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Give him a little time, Steve.

we all work for free, remember?
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

For those of you interested... The registration for the Test-N-Tune course run by the Nebraska Region during Nationals is open and filling fast! http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...8473893686FA7F
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

The Evo School is usually a better deal than the TnT. See if they are having one.

Not completely unrelated to this thread... Fun video!

Matt & Mark's summer vacation video: http://vimeo.com/m/69941241
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast