Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/24/05 autox - PCA at Mineral Wells or SCCA at Pennington?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Yeah, but then he'll lose the prerequisite fist fight after the fact...

Ratings, you know!
    You actually think I would fight fair!
    :P :P

I decided the SCCA autoX would be for me this week. See you guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Yeah, but then he'll lose the prerequisite fist fight after the fact...

Ratings, you know!
    You actually think I would fight fair!
    This episode sounds more like something you'd see here:

When does the on-line registation quit for the SCCA event?

I found it, it closes at 8pm tonight....... I just can't decide if I want to go.

Well I decided to go, then I got to the payment page on Paypal and I get this :
    Pay To: Colloquium Inc
    Payment For: Autocross on Saturday, April 23, 2005

Currency: U.S. Dollars
    Amount: $50.00 USD
    Total Amount: $50.00 USD
    $50.00! As a memeber that should be $15.00 WTF!?!?

I tried to register again and this time when it asked, I selected add me to the paper mailing list, when I went to the Paypal section it was $15.00 not $50.00.... The First time I selected don't add me to any list, which came up as $50.00!

Any reason my registration is not showing up on the list??

I registered around noon today, #9 TCSP, I dont even see that class on the list...

Edit: Well its closed now & im still not on the list, at least I have the e-receipt.

Try Phil Adams at [email protected]. He can take care of the problem for you. He may not be aware the problem exists...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

You clicked the link to the School.
    See the bold listing below.

I found it, it closes at 8pm tonight....... I just can't decide if I want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    You clicked the link to the School.
    See the bold listing below.

You are correct sir, but the strange deal was the school was already listed as closed on DLB since I waited until the last possible moment tonight to sign up for the AX.

At least it worked the second time!

I'm out
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I'm out
    You were smarter than me!

I did the SCCA event today it wasn't bad, but working 2nd heat and running 4th heat made for a really long freaking day*.

We also seemed to experience quite a few breaks in the action, assume timing error, but I truly don’t care why we had delays today. I just hope they will be addressed and fixed for future events.

*Yes I know JStankus you rotate the order, blah, blah, blah, just for the record many of us in ES question you rotational skills.

Just be glad you didnt have to work heat 3...after drinking 2 bottles of water & a Dr Pepper.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    Just be glad you didnt have to work heat 3...after drinking 2 bottles of water & a Dr Pepper.
    That gives Jiggerachi's avatar a whole new meaning!!! I think I made 3 pit stops in the third heat

I thought heats 1 & 2 went well. Then in the 3rd endurance episode, things got weird. The timing lights at the finish kept giving false stops and the computers crashed more than once.

Also in the third heat, we had to move grid to the East side of the parking. It is a very narrow space, and 3rd heat was when all the MOD cars ran. Majik, with no previous experience working grid, was put in charge. He did an excellent job of taking a very congested and confusing situation and making it work. For his performance, I suggest we give Majik the

WORKING WITHOUT A CLUE AWARD

for doing an excellent job with no direction, no help, and only one coworker who'd ever seen a grid.

Congrats to all who won and to Phil for having the results in my in box when I opened my email this morning He must have stayed up all night.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I ran heat three... And yet again realized why I get so annoyed with Mod cars.. I think some of them had THREE drivers.

Overall it was not a bad day. It was longer than some events, but at least this time we got 4 runs! No *major* delays.. a few timing hiccups, but none that I saw lasted very long.

The school on Saturday was a great experience.. I want to thank General Default for all the pointers he gave me on Saturday. It made a big difference on Sunday, especially on that 1st slalom.

I think my best run of the day was a 52.8 and I *think* that was actually a clean one... Oh, and shifting sucks. that whole course everytime I faced West I hit the rev limiter in 2nd and had to shift!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Was afraid my last post would put most asleep, so I decided to add this seperately -

blackzx3_13 did a great job in my Miata!

He already wanted a Miata, and he is now hooked!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

^Yea he did. What was his best time??

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I'm out
    You were smarter than me!

I did the SCCA event today it wasn't bad, but working 2nd heat and running 4th heat made for a really long freaking day*.
    Hmmm, let's see.... Novice School weekend, Pennington Field, 170 pre-registered... it doesn't take a brain surgeon! :P

Actually, it sound like it went better than I expected it would. At least you got four decent length (for Pennington) runs, it sounds like. What time did you guys finish up?

The Maverick PCA event was a blast. 7 runs each on a fast and challenging ~90 to 100-second course. 6 shifts to 3rd gear, a lot of time spent running in thrid gear, flying through Chicago boxes without lifting at 75mph... it was a real treat of a course.

Gabby decided to take refuge from SCCA as well, and brought out a set of brand new Hoosier S04s that he'd bought. He took top time of day with an 88.6 something, and he was just flying. No one else even broke 90 seconds - I had a 92.008, and I think one or two of the p-cars got into the high 91s.

Evo Jeremy and Dean Yamada were out there in a rental Infiniti Q45 (which blew past me on the way to Mineral Wells on 180 doing a great Autobahn impression) - apparently Jeremy's Evo is down (again), and Dean's STi has eaten all of its tires. SO, they brought out the 340hp fwd luxo-barge, and proceeded to wear all of the tread off the tires. Dean put the backup camera to use, using it to dodge cones after spinning the beast on the back straight
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I had so much fun. Rwd change was not as harsh as I had expected, (prolly cuz of the miata's handling prowess) When I first rode with onething i was a little nervous seeing how much faster it felt than my focus, but once I got behind the wheel, it felt fine. best time was a 56.6. Not sure how I did in the results, but only had one major oversteer moment. Thanks again onething.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by onething

WORKING WITHOUT A CLUE AWARD

Thats funny, I have gotten that award more than once! Thanks Onething I sure appreciate the "award"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast