Thread: DLL and RT Link ????

Default DLL and RT Link ????

Problem,

RT Link throws errors "can't close registry during disclaimer check"
    "Can't close registry" another three times.

History: When I first started using this program I was getting memory dumps and re-boots. I found problems on my disk with chkdsk, and they were corrected. However, now I have the above mentioned problem. I've removed the registry settings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RTLink

Then restarted the program forcing it to re-input the key, but I get the same error. End result is it will not dump data to DLL
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Have you rebooted your car? :P

This is also posted on you can read all about it here

Update:

Got rid of my Gremlins, here's what happened.

I've got an Acer Laptop, running XP-Pro, I bought a Radio Shack "usb to com" adaptor (part#26-183) to plug into the link, as my laptop has no com ports. The driver was a W2k driver not XP, but that often will work. Not this time!

I'd fire up RTLink and start a datalog. At the end of the run I would stop RTLink, then the computer would blue screen with a memory dump. Often, but not always, this would corrupt the registry during the crash. So next time I'd boot up and run RTLink I'd get registry errors. If I left the USB adaptor pluged into the laptop, it would not boot, it would bluescreen during the bootup, further corupting files. The next attempt to boot would usually fail, and I had to go back to "last known good", run a checkdsk/r and it found lots of issues.

Good new is I was able to remove both Data Log Lab (DLL) and RTLink entirely, then run a utility to clean the registry, then I reloaded both programs to different directories. Once I got the programs working with eachother again, I was ready to re-test my problem.

Resolution was to buy an IOGear's (Thanks 2Twisty) USB to Com adaptor, load it's drivers and all was well.

Thank you, Stan and 2Twisty for your help and recomendations.
    Last edited by TurboDuane; 04-29-2005 at 07:25 AM.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.