Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mineral Wells Pro Reminder

http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=6978

So what are you waiting for???

Wait too long and you’ll miss the event! After 12pm Monday, April 28th , online registration closes & the entry fee goes up to $143! After that point, ALL entries must be FAXed or emailed to the National Office.
    NO new entries will be accepted after Friday night, May 2nd at 7pm.

Friday night’s on sight Welcome Party is sponsored by Vorshlag Motorsports (Thanks Terry and Amy Fair!!!). Saturday night we’ve arranged a full BBQ dinner on sight that’s sponsored by the Mineral Wells Chamber of Commerce. FREE Beer will be on tap & sponsored by Rahr & Sons Brewing Company during both the Friday & Saturday night parties!

All parties, beverages and beer are included in your entry fee!!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Can I come drop my tire trailer out on thursday afternoon?
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer View Post
    Can I come drop my tire trailer out on thursday afternoon?
    We will be there working all day Thurs and Fri, but I cannot guarantee overnight security.

Registered at the last minute. I've never done a pro solo, so I really have no idea what to expect.

Expect to have fun. You'll enjoy the fast pace of a pro. Wish you could've made it to the eR event this weekend and gotten back in touch with the MW surface. They have a test-n-tune on Friday out there, you should go and get some practice on the surface.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I think the test and tune is only practice starts, you should not go around the course. Just do the start then turn off the course.

It’s still good to get some practice on the tree, something we don’t do very often.

Ahh. I thought they'd have a TNT course too, or at least a skidpad. Oh well, that just saved me a day of vacation time.
    Polished Turd Racing

I can chain it to the corner of the chain link fence if needed. I'd just rather not have it at the hotel LOL. I'll lay out a spot on friday early morning :)

Any chance to have a sound meter to test on friday? lol
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Tire Warmer

Hey folks - A complete newbie here to both Miatas and autocross. But interested in both. So can I attend the event at Mineral Wells and just watch? Or help and ask stupid questions? Any info is appreciated. Thanks,
    Jimmy571.

UPDATE FOLKS!!!

I emailed Jennifer and she said that you guys have a killer PA system...so we're going to see how the hell we can do Karaoke!!! Jan will bring her laptop with the software and about 10GB worth of songs. I hope to test it Thursday night :)

Jimmy - Come out and watch for sure. Saturday and Sunday. :) No charge.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

STR is huge! This weekend is gonna be fun for sure. Weather is suppose to be perfect.

And SR is only one entry behind STR. I think the most positive thing to take away so far is that there are THIRTY MORE ENTRIES THIS YEAR!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Jimmy, you can spectate and are ENCOURAGED to do so! Its a blast to watch, and there is a huge tent for shade, concessions, etc. There is still time to register if you want to give it a try, via mail. If you do come watch, you'll be ready to try it, so go ahead and sign-up for the NTAXS event on May 10th before it fills up!
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer View Post
    UPDATE FOLKS!!!

I emailed Jennifer and she said that you guys have a killer PA system...so we're going to see how the hell we can do Karaoke!!! Jan will bring her laptop with the software and about 10GB worth of songs. I hope to test it Thursday night :)

Jimmy - Come out and watch for sure. Saturday and Sunday. :) No charge.
    Can you wait until folks have finished eating and drinking beer before you start that stuff....

Details of the schedule for the weekend.

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...formation1.pdf
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Not at all. We plan on starting when consuming round 2 of drink. :) And the more people who leave the more we get to drink :)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Can you wait until folks have finished eating and drinking beer before you start that stuff....
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

http://solomatters.com/tune_in_miner...ral_wells_mesa

It's gonna be a scorcher....90 on Saturday and 94 on Sunday!!!!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

How is 90 a scorcher in Texas, unless its in January?
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    How is 90 a scorcher in Texas, unless its in January?
    Indeed. I'm bringing a light jacket.

Would someone explain how the run / work order works for this event? Does everyone drive and work both days?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast