Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA autocross and time trial at Mineral Wells Airport on 6/7 and 6/8

In for the time trial

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Yeah, if I had to choose I'd prefer to do the TT, but I've got a soccer game to coach Saturday morning.

What new goodies are you getting?
    No goodies. Inner axle is worn on the driver side. Found one cheaper online than the local dealer, but taking a lot longer to get. Hopefully it shows up Saturday. If not, I'm out. Also thought the diff bearing was worn because the output shaft had some play in it. Changed it out and is still got the play in it. Don't know if that is normal. Was also hoping to get a Giken, but no one stocks it and everyone has said it takes 6-8 weeks to get it from Giken themselves.

Sorry to hear that Armstrong. If you can't get your car back together in time you're always welcome to co-drive mine on Sunday.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Sorry to hear that Armstrong. If you can't get your car back together in time you're always welcome to co-drive mine on Sunday.
    Thanks! If it doesn't come in tomorrow, I may take you up on that. We can use my tires.

Works for me. I'll PM you my number.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

We left the site at about 9:00 because the radar showed no sign that the rain would let up for several hours. I'm sure that as soon as we turned the corner the rain stopped, the sun broke thru the clouds and the pavement immediately dried. Tell me I'm wrong!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

It was great time even with the rain today. It was over by lunch and we had clean runs the rest of the day . Really enjoyed the course.
    Thanks to PCA for an awesome weekend of racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    W... Tell me I'm wrong!
    1st heat ran in the wet but it was drying toward the end. 2nd heat ran in some streams but it was dry before they finished and dry for everyone in the afternoon.
    1995 M Edition

Sorry, Mark52 - rain let up by about 10 am, and the site was completely dry by noon. You should have stuck around!

Fun course - a little choppy in sections, but I really enjoyed the back half. My driving could've used some work (too much point-to-point driving), so my hat is off to John Clark and Ryan Monheim for taking the top two spots. John was on fire, and the only driver to break into the 79s all day.

My best run from the afternoon:

Iain

my hat is off to John Clark and Ryan Monheim for taking the top two spots. John was on fire, and the only driver to break into the 79s all day.
    Thank you sir!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12