Thread: Go Pro Question

Default Go Pro Question

Any idea why shaon's Go Pro black is only recording or maybe just playing back audio? I've checked the settings and do not see anything amiss. But my eye sight ain't what it used to be. Tried it plugged into tv & swapping sd vard into tablet and phone. Have GP app installed.
    thanks

Lens cover?

Nope and the battery is charged plus camera was on

Go Pros are very sensitive to the quality of the SD video card, as I discovered during my SCCA driver's school. The SD card MUST have a small "10" in a little circle. Otherwise you get only audio or only 15 to 20 secs of video (which is a REEEEAL bummer when you think the thing is on).

Yep got that. Camera worked great for several hours diving and a bunch of solo events.

I seen where some people are having the same issues with their black editions. Best bet is to talk to go pro but from what I've seen it's 50/50 if they will help.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Did it just get to hot sitting in the sun? Will it take a video inside the house today?
    Mine would not download the event files. It indicated I needed to update the camera.
    The app had already updated. Have not tried camera update yet...

Yep we did not leave it out. Time to deal with go pro service.... crap!!!!

Firmware upgrade? Need one or just did one?
    M3 is always the answer.

Have you copied the files to your computer and do they play on it?

How do you remove the files from the Go Pro? You must use the delete all and format option inside the Go Pro! I was having issues with my Go Pro Black only recording a few seconds of video and shutting off on the last runs of the day and found out that the card needs continuous space on the card to record. It can’t jump around and fill in where there are areas with no data, as it is writing as fast as it can and if it sees anything in its way it just stops recording. So after every event once I have the files on my computer (I use a SD card adapter to get the files into my computer), I reinstall the SD card, start the Go Pro and delete and format the card. I haven’t had any video issues since. This won’t help with what was just recorded but could help with future recordings.
    SpinOutF500

'07 FM F500