Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDR Intercooler

Default TDR Intercooler

MY car spent the weekend in the Gary's garage, and the prototype 1.6 intercooler is just about done. Everything is mounted but the Intake side pipe and the radiator shroud panels. The Intake pipe was mocked up, and goes to the welder tomorrow for the working prototype to be welded up. The radiator shroud panels don’t work with the Beatrush bellypan, so I need to go buy a stock bellypan before they go in. We hope to be driving it tomorrow night, and I will get pics once the car is back in my garage.

Anyone interested in a Beatrush bellypan, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Anyone interested in a Beatrush bellypan, let me know!
    lol, What the heck is it?
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    lol, What the heck is it?
    This
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am very interested in your project. Did you once say the MP62 would soon work on 1.6 engines? That is what you eventually want, right? I didn't see any info on the brperformance website, or TDR's.....
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    I am very interested in your project. Did you once say the MP62 would soon work on 1.6 engines? That is what you eventually want, right? I didn't see any info on the brperformance website, or TDR's.....

I was told via a Board PM that there is a car at Brant’s shop that is being used to proto-type a 1.6 M62. The owner of the car is watching the development of my intercooler closely, because it should work with his too. My long-term plan would be to go this way, but I would like to see what I can do with the M-45 first.

Since you would need to go with a stand along fuel management system to take advantage of the potential power gain of the MP62, the considerable higher cost compared to the 1.8 setup will limit the market.

That's the short of it.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    Since you would need to go with a stand along fuel management system to take advantage of the potential power gain of the MP62, the considerable higher cost compared to the 1.8 setup will limit the market.

That's the short of it.

Gary
    Allright, then, I'm in the market for a 94-2000 1.8. I have a very nice 92 (silver, 50k miles, hardtop) to trade or sell. I am very picky though, and won't part with the 92 until after I find the right replacement. Would love to find the correct, already SC'ed car. I plan to spend some money at TDR down the road...... I will join the dark side. Ultimate goal is a nice street car and a few track days (maybe a membership)
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.

This
    Nice! Been thinking of trying to make something like that....of course that means I have to stop breaking stuff before I modify stuff!

How much did that cost and where did you find it? I've never seen anything like that on any sites.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Waiting on the review of the new intercooler....

How do you like it Titus? Does that add noticable power? How you liking that SC combo now? Inquiring minds blah blah blah.......

How funny is that... I was logging in to post pictures of it and your post is there asking about it. I love it so far. With the BBK, it is supposed to give you about 7 1/2 to 8 psi. With the intercooler, I am still seeing 7-7 1/2 psi, so the intercooler isn't dropping the boost as much as soom had said it might, so that is great news. With the stock JRSC, I was running about 5 1/2-6 PSI, timing at 12 psi, and an MSD pulling 6 degrees at full boost. With the intercooler, we removed the MSD and set the timing to 10. I suspect that we could find even more power if we used a better timing control unit such as the Bipes or Emanage. No Dyno yet, but it feels REALLY good.

Attached are some pics. Keep in mind that the intake side pipe is the prototype which the production units will be made from. The production units will have the welds ground off and polished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Yep.. thats about how I feel!

Very nice!

Gary does beautiful and functional work.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Actually, Titus, I suspect the production units won't have any welds... OTOH, that overboostvr4 guy does some Class A welding! And you'll always know you've got the original!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Actually, Titus, I suspect the production units won't have any welds... OTOH, that overboostvr4 guy does some Class A welding! And you'll always know you've got the original!
    That's what I was thinking at first too, but Gary specifically said "welds will be ground down and polished". Who am I to question the master.

Wow titus, that looks real nice! I have to come by sometime & check it out!
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

That's what I was thinking at first too, but Gary specifically said "welds will be ground down and polished". Who am I to question the master.
    That's gonna look great in my car!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That's gonna look great in my car!
    Is the BUR going to the darkside?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast