Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help,

reviews on miata technologies are mixed do a search on this forum and you can red all you care two Miata Solutions on the other hand gets rave reviews i had stephen put in a new clutch and i can voutch for the quality of his work try emailing and caling him hes a little hard to reach but worth the effort if you wnat things done right and at a fair but not necessarily a CB price

Man that was hard to type that badly...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

?tech day?, MERVVVVVVVVV what do i need to clean to throw a tech day at your garage> lol j/k sort of
    47 minutes till i get to go home
    wooohooo

KESTREL do you have a good number for him?

off this topic, but how did he set a car on fire and what are you talking about 3bean

Quote Originally Posted by dyingbreed
    off this topic, but how did he set a car on fire and what are you talking about 3bean
    Someday, off the board, when we all meet in person, we'll bore you with details!

lol

so i looked in the oil filler cap and can see a whole lot of nothing, stressed and tired so i think i might sleep tonight and try to do soemthing on it tomorrow night or maybe see if my grandpa will come up here tomorrow
    thanks everybody
    yall rock

?tech day?, MERVVVVVVVVV what do i need to clean to throw a tech day at your garage> lol j/k sort of
    47 minutes till i get to go home
    wooohooo

You really don't need my barn for a timing belt, and I'm way out west in Springtown. However, if you want, we can do a tech day. I just need to move a few Miatas outside. My problem is LACK OF TIME........... I decided not to race at TMS this weekend, but need to work on the Granbury house, and Sunday is Mother's Day, so that is out..... Would have to be the next Saturday.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

merv i was joking but you are great person to actually offer up your garage
    thank you so much

Well dyingbreed did you figure out why the car died????

i just dialed the number on his website 940-648-8595 and got his answering machine/service it said "hello youve reached the boyd residence please leave a message at the tone beep" sounds like a "good" number to me his email also worked at least it did 3 months ago

Ouch!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

i looked in the oil filler cap and could find nothing, it is a very small hole,
    my gf's dad was supposed to come over lastnight but he did not show and he will be here on friday to look at it,a and we are going to tear it apart on sunday in far north plano if any one gets bored.
    i think titus said he would swing by tonight to take a look but i am going to be in ozcop land trading out my rims.

so POS RACING no, not yet

i looked in the oil filler cap and could find nothing, it is a very small hole,
    my gf's dad was supposed to come over lastnight but he did not show and he will be here on friday to look at it,a and we are going to tear it apart on sunday in far north plano if any one gets bored.
    i think titus said he would swing by tonight to take a look but i am going to be in ozcop land trading out my rims.

so POS RACING no, not yet
    I was going to try and come over around 8ish... Will you be arround?

actually titus i will be on the other side of 35w. (if ozcop remembers to send me an address)
    thanks for the offer though

::trumpets blaring in the background:::
    the timing belt was shredded, and her dad said he could see all the lobes on the cam shafts, so until we get it back together(hopefully today) we won't know if there are any more problems.
    And the waterpump is leaking.
    thanks for the advice
    take care

How many miles on it? 1.6 or 1.8? Expect to clean up lots of shreaded rubber and rubber dust. (don't ask how I know)

Also, might as well change the following:

Waterpump
    Crank oil seal
    Cam oil seals
    Accessory Belts
    Coolant Hoses
    Waterpump bypass hose
    T-Belt tensioner and pulley
    CAS O-Ring
    Valve Cover gasket
    Plugs
    Wires
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

106,000, 1.8 95 M edition, i plan on doing all of that as well as the thermostat. Well every thing except the coolant hoses, and wires. I think i am tapped until next week.
    hopefully we can get it all done today, if i can get it towed up to my girls dad's in north plano.

106,000, 1.8 95 M edition, i plan on doing all of that as well as the thermostat. Well every thing except the coolant hoses, and wires. I think i am tapped until next week.
    hopefully we can get it all done today, if i can get it towed up to my girls dad's in north plano.
    If the hoses are old, you should replace them. Besides, then you can just cut the old ones off rather than try and wiggle them off. Wires can wait since their easy to replace.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Glad you got it diagnosed!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Glad you got it diagnosed!
    Diagnosed? heck this weekend we got er done.
    timing belt, new accessory belts, waterpump, thermostat, flushed radiator, trips from irving to carrollton back to irving, then upto mckinney, for parts, then down to richardson,to save$120 bucks.
    Her dad finally at about 11:30 last night tightened the last screw on the underbelly pan
    then when we get home my girl ran over a screw, which is now embedded in the tire.
    but with yalls help and the pointy board we got er done. WOOHOOOOOO
    thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123