Default 'Merica's Team..........

Well done Mr. Hansen!

He's 100% right
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome to the NFL....where winning is everything which equates to more $$$ in Jerruh's pockets.

PS
    Opie is a puppet, no doubt about that.

PPS
    Hansen is a drunken douche.
    Last edited by sammm; 03-20-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: correction

I thought he took some cheap shots. Easy to sit back and say that stuff when you don't have to make any tough choices. It looks bad on the surface, but he doesn't know any more than I do what the guy is like now.

The bigger issue to me is that pro sports is literally chock full of athletes whose personal story/background is full of undesirable choices and often criminal activity, drugs, misogyny, etc. Hardy did some lousy shit, but so did Brent George, Joseph Randall, Dez, DeMarco (spray tan), and the list goes on. If you really think you are watching upstanding citizens when you watch any team, you're lying to yourself. The whole business of pro sports is rotten to the core imho, and is only about money. Remember when the Patriots were touted as a tight ship with team players, good locker room? Oh yeah, except the guy who has murdered at least 4 people...

if if you want role models, go talk to some WW2 vets or doctors without borders volunteers. If you wanna watch a bunch of genetic lottery winners who've been coddled and told they were great their entire lives play a damn game for millions of dollars, watch NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL etc, but please don't act shocked when the curtain gets pulled back at times and reveals that it's all bullshit except for the almighty dollar.

Me, I don't give a shit if they are all horrible people. I don't pay a cent to support any of it anymore, but I'll enjoy a good game now and then if it's on the antenna.

and Dale Hansen is a self-righteous dick trying to get nationally famous with the bully pulpit. He cares zero about the abused girlfriend, just easy ratings.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I thought he took some cheap shots. Easy to sit back and say that stuff when you don't have to make any tough choices. It looks bad on the surface, but he doesn't know any more than I do what the guy is like now.

The bigger issue to me is that pro sports is literally chock full of athletes whose personal story/background is full of undesirable choices and often criminal activity, drugs, misogyny, etc. Hardy did some lousy shit, but so did Brent George, Joseph Randall, Dez, DeMarco (spray tan), and the list goes on. If you really think you are watching upstanding citizens when you watch any team, you're lying to yourself. The whole business of pro sports is rotten to the core imho, and is only about money. Remember when the Patriots were touted as a tight ship with team players, good locker room? Oh yeah, except the guy who has murdered at least 4 people...

if if you want role models, go talk to some WW2 vets or doctors without borders volunteers. If you wanna watch a bunch of genetic lottery winners who've been coddled and told they were great their entire lives play a damn game for millions of dollars, watch NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL etc, but please don't act shocked when the curtain gets pulled back at times and reveals that it's all bullshit except for the almighty dollar.

Me, I don't give a shit if they are all horrible people. I don't pay a cent to support any of it anymore, but I'll enjoy a good game now and then if it's on the antenna.

and Dale Hansen is a self-righteous dick trying to get nationally famous with the bully pulpit. He cares zero about the abused girlfriend, just easy ratings.

Seems a little unrealistic... teams hire young guys who are strong, big, and competitive... pay them millions... and then we expect them to behave!!!

Well said OZMDD!