Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW Autocross #4, Saturday June 13 - TMS Bus Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    Hot day and a fun course! Barely made it home before the sky opened up and dumped a cooling downpour.

Results?
    Thanks Mark for letting me take that awesome car out for a lap !!!

I saw ya'll playing out there in the parking lot as I made my way in to watch the drifting event on the infield track. Interesting to note... the Drifters make fun of autocrossers just as much as autocrossers make fun of drifters.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I saw ya'll playing out there in the parking lot as I made my way in to watch the drifting event on the infield track. Interesting to note... the Drifters make fun of autocrossers just as much as autocrossers make fun of drifters.
    Surprised TMS let those drifters leave tire marks all over their track.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

...about as much as the Tire Manufacturers giggle at both groups!
    1995 M Edition

Drifting is the figure skating of the motor sports world.
    M3 is always the answer.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

And Autocross is?
    The only thing 'er than drifting, is watching drifting!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    The only thing 'er than drifting, is watching drifting!
    Yeah... that is what I thought as I looked at the fast cars and hot women all over... Man, this sure is LOL.

In all honesty, I really had very little interest in going when Jamie invited my and just went because I wanted to get out of the house. As turned out, I had a great time. We got to get a really good look at the cars in the pits... While there were a lot of 240s, there was also multiple Miatas, 350zs, BMWs, a BRZ, a Mustang, an S2K, and others. During practice, the announcer talked about each car's mods and the experience of the driver (this is where the autocross jokes came in as at least 3 or 4 of the drivers autocrossed before getting in to drifting). Before qualifying began, the judges gave clear instructions on what they were looking for, what was a DNF, and what would cause points deduction (similar to missing a gate / hitting a cone in autocrossing). By the end I had a much more respect for the skills it takes and was really enjoying it. Plus there was a lot of hot girls. Based on the experience at this little regional event, I will probably go to see the pros when Formula Drift comes to TMS in August.

this is where the autocross jokes came in...
    So... tell us an Autox joke!

Before qualifying began, the judges gave clear instructions on what they were looking for, what was a DNF, and what would cause points deduction (similar to missing a gate / hitting a cone in autocrossing). [/SIZE]
    That's cool, but I'm skeptical it can compete with the off-color commentary of KenO. And I'm not even bringing up the inappropriate touching.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    So... tell us an Autox joke!
    They would make funny comments... don't recall verbatim but they were along the lines of:

"John Doe from Houston up next in his 350z. After autocrossing for several years, John showed up at one of our events last summer to see what we are all about. Now we can't seem to get rid of him, as he says we are a lot more fun than then the autocrossers."

or

"Mike ended up at one of our Mineral Wells events by accident after mis-reading his autocross calendar. I'm not sure if he fell in love with the drifting, or if it was all the free alcohol we always have Saturday night, but he hasn't missed an event since."

Meh. I was hoping for the "Jerrett, a transvestite monkey and a preacher walk into a bar..." variety.

Finally uploaded my video

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12