Thread: A&M Event has been Canceled - July 11-12

Unhappy A&M Event has been Canceled - July 11-12

Saw the following on Facepalm:

Unfortunately, we have some sad information to share. Due to the blatant disregard of our rules about leaving tire marks by Kenny Wagner and Austin Ardman at our last autocross event, TEEX has asked us not to use the 4-10 split anymore (area we have been using for the course). Due to this, we have had to cancel the event this weekend, July 11-12. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. As of now, we will be running on the area we have been using as our paddock once we have cleaned it up. We are doing everything in our power to continue negotiations in an attempt to regain the 4-10 split, and we will notify you of the results. As for Austin and Kenny, they are being punished accordingly.
    -TAMSCC Officers

Kids these days...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

This is a dissapointment, but does seem a lite excessive on its face. Tire marks on that site should be a non issue, especially considering that the surface has all sorts of blemishes. I'm guessing there was someone onsite that saw the burn outs, or this is an ongoing issue.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Something about donuts. That's a paddlin'
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

TEEX has been after them for awhile and I think this was the last straw. I heard that they were fooling around during course cleanup. I don't think its so much the marks as it is the evidence that they were screwing around.

On a related note, I just reserved the entire runway for this Sunday to test our grassroots challenge turbo miata now that its open.
    Last edited by rmonheim; 07-09-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

So are they done with TAMSCC? No more autocross there?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    So are they done with TAMSCC? No more autocross there?
    They just have to use a less desirable portion of the site.

They're having a meeting with TEEX to try to regain access, but for now they are limited to the area they used to use for grid. My guess is they'll get it (4-10 area) back eventually, it will just be a matter of time.
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

Quote Originally Posted by rmonheim View Post
    They're having a meeting with TEEX to try to regain access, but for now they are limited to the area they used to use for grid. My guess is they'll get it (4-10 area) back eventually, it will just be a matter of time.
    They had to wait for the guy running TEEX to die the last time.