Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2002 NB Cooling fan Relay Location

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    How long are you keeping the car? How much do you enjoy working on it?
    Well it has been on the lets get rid it list for a few years but we still have it.... I don't mind working on it since I had a Triumph TR6 in my youth. So I have experience Lucas / Mazda Electrics.

I got a passenger side motor from the parts group for around $40 shipped a few weeks ago. I havent installed it, but it is clean and I have had good luck with them before.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I might have a spare fan motor at home....are NA's motors different than NB's?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I might have a spare fan motor at home....are NA's motors different than NB's?
    Thanks Sammmm from my digging looks like the NB fan motor is different than the one they used on the NA's....

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    I got a passenger side motor from the parts group for around $40 shipped a few weeks ago.
    Talked to Tom this morning super nice guy, he even took the time to go over my troubleshooting to see if I missed something.

Have a fan and the connector with wire headed this way!

Shameless plug - http://partsgroup.com/

They always have quality used parts. Never had a bad experience, other than his prices being a bit steep. Not gouging, just premium.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

He seemed competitive on this project. Mazda has been raising parts prices pretty good over the past few years. Mazdaspeed Price for just the fan motor was $174.91 plus shipping.

Was pleased that he took the time to walk thought the problem I was having. Plus he never once lambasted me for being a really freaking old Millennial parts buyer.

+1 on Tom at Partsgroup. I rarely buy new when he has it. Easier than Nissan-Mazda heaven as the brown truck delivers to my door.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Replacement fan arrived today! Plugged it in and it worked then after a little while it didn't work....... Wiggle the connector and could get intermittent results.

Spliced in the replacement electrical connector and it stays working! (So far )

So if you have an NB and the fan connectors look toasty and your fan is flaky you may want to consider replacing the connector also.

Also added some dielectric grease since I got a feeling water and or crud may have played a part in the failure due to the way the connector hooks into the fan.

What does Dielectric grease do you may ask:

481 miles of testing including a bunch of Stop and Go traffic Texas weather with the A/C on gauge never moved past 1/2!

Even got trapped on 35 tonight for an extended period on the way back from Huntsville (Went to see the Wife's family) gauge never moved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12