Thread: TWS status for 2017?

Default TWS status for 2017?

I see events booked on the TWS Track Events Schedule all the way through the end of 2017, including SCCA events on Feb 11-12 and November 18-19. I'm signed up for an HPDE there with The Driver's Edge on Jan 21-22. I'm guessing these are contingency dates? The track is (was) supposed to close as of January of 2016, then June of 2016. That hasn't happened yet.

I've read "stuff" on the internet about a possible new race track called Bluebonnet Racing Circuit that may be built to replace TWS if/when it actually closes, and also that the group behind it is currently focused on buying and renovating TWS. But the most recent posting are from April of last year.

Does anyone know what's going on? Will we have TWS for 2017? Will there be a new race track after all?

TWS is running until the bulldozers come. It's been sold, municipal bonds have been approved, the company that owns it apparently doesn't think this is the right time to build the project. Racing continues ...

https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/5...urrent-rumors/
    https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/5...late-december/

Bluebonnet turned out to be a scam. The guy with the Dutch/German sounding name turned out to be someone who was under investigate for other real estate scams in South Texas under another name.
    I can't find the links to the news reports. It was all up on trackJunkies at one time.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Ok, bummer that it's really sold and Bluebonnet was a scam. But I'm glad that TWS will apparently be open for all of 2017. That means I'll get at least a few more "last race ever" chances at that track. Better than nothing.

New track north of McKinney LG Motorsports.
    There's a link here:

https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/5...her-new-track/
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Interesting!

This is the real deal! It is on the channel 5 evening news tonight. Great! One more track that is close by. Not sure what is the future of ECR. It was so broken up when I went there a couple years ago. Several turns were badly broken up and poorly repaired at ECR.
    Gabriel

I've watched a few recent videos from ECR and it doesn't look too bad from my couch.

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    New track north of McKinney LG Motorsports.
    There's a link here:

https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/5...her-new-track/
    Wow, that will be a short drive for me. Looks great. I hope it comes to fruition.

Woohoo! When will it open?

I wonder if the developer would consider putting in an autocross lot too. That would be awesome.

A few people mentioned that to Lou, hopefully the kart track is big enough to use that space for autox also.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily