Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need tools? 10% off on Sears.com tonight 9pm-midnight

Default Need tools? 10% off on Sears.com tonight 9pm-midnight

I think I need to do some tool shopping! From the Email I got:

Take an extra 10% off regular, sale, and clearance prices in the Appliances, Automotive, Clothing, Electronics, Sporting Goods, For the Home, Gifts, Housewares, Jewelry & Watches, Kids, Lawn & Garden, Tools and Toys & Games categories from 9 pm until midnight(CST) on 5/24 only. Excludes Exceptional Values, Special Purchases, Lands' End(R) merchandise, Great Price items, Introductory Offers, Two Hearts maternity, Celestial Star(TM) diamonds, Caplhalon, outlet store purchases, catalog orders, fragrances, J.A. Henckels, Dyson, Bose, Computers, iPod, Weber, Maytag Gemini Neptune, automotive services, pharmacy, Sears Licensed Businesses, installed home improvements and repair service, and protection agreements. Don’t worry, your discount will appear on your Order Confirmation Page.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Call me strange, but I see that they have individual room AC units... how difficult would one of those be to install in a garage? Hmmm.... :)
    You have brick on the outside of your garage?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    You have brick on the outside of your garage?
    All the way around the entire house... so there goes that idea...

Here's another question, do these things need some sort of exterior exhaust? I obviously haven't the slightest clue concerning these AC units. Do they make stands for these things? Can they stand alone? I remember, years ago, I had an aunt that had an AC unit on a stand... but if I remember correctly, it was an EVAP unit and it would be of no use in this humidity.

All the way around the entire house... so there goes that idea...

Here's another question, do these things need some sort of exterior exhaust? I obviously haven't the slightest clue concerning these AC units. Do they make stands for these things? Can they stand alone? I remember, years ago, I had an aunt that had an AC unit on a stand... but if I remember correctly, it was an EVAP unit and it would be of no use in this humidity.
    I am trying to remember your house... do you have attic space above the garage, or a bedroom? If you have attic space, you might be able to duct up and out the sofits.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Here's another question, do these things need some sort of exterior exhaust?
    POS and I (I think it was POS) had this conversation last week (I think it was last week). He told me he's seen window units that do not produce condensation, so it could be mounted in the ceiling for example. I've never seen anything like that.

POS and I (I think it was POS) had this conversation last week (I think it was last week). He told me he's seen window units that do not produce condensation, so it could be mounted in the ceiling for example. I've never seen anything like that.
    Yep they claim not to put off any condensation (water), but I really really question that! I have the same problems as you Bean, with brick all the way around my garage. I looked into putting it in the attic and just venting it down, but the condensation scared me away from the project.

Sounds like your Aunt had and evaporative unit was it in El Paso by any chance where those units work so darn good due to the low humidity?

For $80... it's probably not a bad idea.

My garage is insulated, as well as the new garage door. Plus there's plenty of space in the attic space above...

We'll have to research this. I get the feeling that if this works, I won't be the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Sounds like your Aunt had and evaporative unit was it in El Paso by any chance where those units work so darn good due to the low humidity?
    Exactly... the EVAP units work well with the dry heat... that's the reason you'll never see those units in Florida or anywhere humid for that matter.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

condensation (water)
    Thanks Mr. Wizard!

I am thinking something like this:

Thanks Mr. Wizard!
    I figured some of the kids might get scared by the big words! :grin:

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I am thinking something like this:

Can I get one for $80.00?

Can I get on for $80.00?
    Sorry Sparky... need to pull out the wallet for this one.

So what is it venting outside? Or is that an intake behind it?
    It's a canooter! :cherry:

Hey how do you size an A/C unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Sorry Sparky... need to pull out the wallet for this one.
    That puts the kibosh on it real quick...

So putting the other unit in the attic, say, with an aluminium pan underneath to catch any condensation (water) would not be good, eh?

So what is it venting outside? Or is that an intake behind it?
    It says:
    Self-evaporative system automatically exhausts condensation under normal conditions

That puts the kibosh on it real quick...

So putting the other unit in the attic, say, with an aluminium pan underneath to catch any condensation (water) would not be good, eh?
    What ya going to do with the water? If it's humid it will create quite a bit of water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast