Thread: bout to buy a cat....

Default bout to buy a cat....

which cat to buy?
    im looking for a high flow cat, that budget oriented. was looking at the JR high flow on sale through moss for 175 but saw the one at rspeed for 165. which ones better? what about FM or the old rod millen one? any others i missed? oh and if it comes with the gaskets and bolts, thatd be a definate plus.....
    -AJ Ngo

its for a 90 1.6 w/ borla cat back and JR Air filter. dont want it too loud but performance and price are bigger factors to me right now than being able to play in the rain...besides i think any thingll be quieter than the test pipe in there for the last 2 or 3 years...
    -AJ Ngo

I like my FM cat. It's not loud, neither is the JR cat my friend Paul has. FM's came with all the hardware.

Now you can you help me pass inspection now that I'm turbo? I'm a little concerned with passing, but that's cuz I learned as much as I need to about the link. Just been living off FM defaults and it self tuning. Runs great, but I know it's too rich.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

im sorry what year is your car again? i dont think it should be a problem though as we're not making 1000000hp and really polluting. i wouldnt be too worried, and also, itll be quite a drive for you. although talking cars to another miata guy would be great!
    -AJ Ngo

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II

We have a cute little black male that you can have for free.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'