Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evolution School, May 7,8,9 2004

Default Evolution School, May 7,8,9 2004

I got the official date for the Evolution School for the DFW area. It is set for May 7,8,9 2004. Currently the event site is set for Mineral Wells but there is still some hope of a new Metroplex location. Terranova said the popular schools like Phase 1-3, Dial in, and Challenge will be offered. In the ER newsletter there is an application or you can get the short acrobat version of the application here. http://autocross.com/er/evo2004may.pdf

I have done all the schools myself. Most of the time they where the first time offered. They all have improved over the years. Each one has it's interesting points. I have been autocrossing over 20 years and I still learn things at these schools. I just wish they had them 20 years ago.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default Re: Evolution School, May 7,8,9 2004

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    ...I have been autocrossing over 20 years and I still learn things at these schools. I just wish they had them 20 years ago.
    Thank God they didn't! I've been autocrossing for 2 years, and you're so fast they won't let me see your times!

Does GT always pick holidays for events he plans?
    May 9 is Mother's Day, and I wonder if that will keep anyone away.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    We should all pitch in and get him a calender that includes the holidays! :P

ER event #5 is on July 4th!

Thanks for the info, General.

I for one am glad that the Evo schools are a little later in the season this year - I had wanted to go last year, but couldn't afford to, and wouldn't have been able to afford to this year had thye been held in March or APril either.

Of course, that weekend is the weekend before Spring finals for me, so I may only be doing one school instead of the multiple schools I'd like to do.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Mothers day! I will give him a call tonight and see if he knows that. There is another school scheduled that day in a different town also.

Mothers day!

I gave him a call. Yep he said he needs a calendar with the holidays. He said it is hard to change the date at Mineral Wells because of the friday date. S-tec has the site every other friday and can get the site if needed. So he suggested sending in your entry asking for a friday or saturday school. I would guess a Phase 1 would atleast be friday or saturday. At least that is how it stands today. I guess some autocross mom's might like a school on their day.

My Mom can watch from heaven. My soon-to-be wife might see things differently! I think I need the coaching, so maybe she'll let me go if I've already paid for it.

My soon-to-be wife might see things differently!
    Excuse me "onething" but I don't remember hearing anything about this. Did you forget to tell us the news. HUMMMMMMM I mean really don't make us have to beat it out of you.

Are you going to marry Spiderman? Is that why he's in your avatar? :P

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Excuse me "onething" but I don't remember hearing anything about this. Did you forget to tell us the news. HUMMMMMMM I mean really don't make us have to beat it out of you.
    Gee I.M.Vivid would you be my bachelor party???

I'll have to ask her (not Spiderman) if I can talk about it yet :P I only officially asked her Sunday morning

I told her "You are the most important thing in my life, but here is the AX schedule . . . pick a date"

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I told her "You are the most important thing in my life, but here is the AX schedule . . . pick a date"
    LOL! Congrats onething ! :spiderma:

... I only officially asked her Sunday morning...
    Do what?

You're not going to be "one thing" anymore? You'll be changing your moniker to "twothings"? And you didn't ask us if it was OK first? I hope you and Spiderman will be very happy together.

So we'll all get to meet your "intended" (no, I didn't miss that... but I thought it was a joke ) at Bear Creek Cafe this weekend?

An official notice will be posted later! You got to meet her last weekend at TBC - unless you didn't show up :P

Already married her once (Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away ...) and her Mom and my folks said it was okay back then. They had stopped claiming us on their taxes by then. Are any of you claiming me as a tax deduction???

:spiderma: is my Avatar because the picture proves I am not :spiderma: My neighbor thought I thought I was when I first came home in the Miata

I will always be onething , but the thing may change . . .

I only officially asked her Sunday morning
    Wow I guess it was a hell of a Saturday night Seriously, congrats 1thing.

Sooo . . . back to the thread.

Who's going and what will you be taking? I did 1, 2, & 3 last year. Don't know if that is what I will do again (sure wouldn't hurt) but the challenge looked interesting from the far side of the Mineralring.

Sooo . . . back to the thread.

Who's going and what will you be taking? I did 1, 2, & 3 last year. Don't know if that is what I will do again (sure wouldn't hurt) but the challenge looked interesting from the far side of the Mineralring.
    I'm thinking about 3 & challenge, but I still have plenty of time to decide.

Chassis Designer

I'm planning on taking Phase 3. Who else is going?

I may do phase 3, but probably not... Still working on the stuff I learned during the first two schools, and I think my brain is still full.

I'm thinking about Phase 2 and the test and tune. For those of you that took phase 2 what did you learn?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast