Thread: Arlington Fun Fest...tonight...Danica!

Default Arlington Fun Fest...tonight...Danica!

Hey guys, I know it's late notice, but this just came together yesterday. Texas Region Solo always donates an event to Speedway Childrens Charities, and seriously, just two days ago, we were asked to participate in the IRL/SCC event sponsored by Texas Motor Speedway at Fun Fest in Arlington...tonight! I quickly assembled a team, not by talent, just by chance, and came up with a mostly fat bunch of old guys, (Eddie Hernandez excluded) who probably can't bowl worth crap, but want a chance to be up close to Danica Patrick. So, Marty Smith, Eddie Hernandez, Keith Starr, and Marty Smith will be representing us on our lane tonight, and I have agreed to be an alternate just in case someone can't make it. We will also have an IRL driver on our team, we just don't know who yet...So, if you are looking for something to do, be there at 7:30 and root for our team. Heck, we may even have Danica as part of the dance...Autograph session begins at 6PM and runs till 7, just in case you want to get your hat or other material autographed...Sorry the notice comes late, but this thing was finalized about 2 hours ago, even though I put it on the solo list yesterday...
    Hope to see some of you there...
    Directions....I 30 to Lamar, located on Lamar just across from the Hurrican Water Park...

Phil O.
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

DANG!!!

Here I am... a former league bowler... sitting in DFW Airport waiting to catch a plane...

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

It was a fun evening, but I never even seen Danica. Lots of friends got autographs from her, but I didn't want to stand in line outside forever, so I passed on the opportunity. We did reasonably well for a group of guys thrown together in 30 minutes, most of us not being experienced bowlers. Heck, I only bowled one game and had 4 or 5 strikes...my 4th bowling experience ever... Eddie Hernandez, Keith Starr, Matt Lucas, Marty Smith, and myself made up our less than average team...Too bad we couldn't get a prize for the team that weighed the most....Free Beer and Pizza made it worth the effort, and of course, lots of great looking women helped...

Phil O.
    OzCop
    MSM

It was pretty fun, the drivers were very nice. It is funny because the Nascar truck drivers knew better how to deal with fans than the Indy drivers. Guess they are not used to actaully having fans.... . Thanks for the heads up OzCop.

Glad you could make it...did you check out the SCCA bowling lane and watch us make fools of ourselves the entire evening? Most of the guys were there for the beer....
    OzCop
    MSM