Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need new kiddie hauler

Thanks for the advice everyone. Were going to start looking next week hopefully.

Any makes or models to definitely avoid? I'm trying to keep an open mind and look at all different makes.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

My wife just brought a 05 Tribute by the house for me to look over. We looked at the Freestyle, but I am too damn old for a minivan type vehicle! I do like some of the Fstyles features, but with the Splan for registered Mazda racers I have been steeriing her in that direction. The Tribute drove nice (it is loaded out with everything) being new it felt much like my sisters Lexus small SUV. I don't know any Tribute owners so I don't have any feedback. The new body style is better looking then the one a couple of years ago. The V6 seemed pretty good coming froma Honda 4 banger in a 99 CRV (not a bad car). I think the car lists at $27K, but s plan brings it in under $22K.
    Any opinions?

Until last September, my wife was the proud owner of one, the ES model with leather, power everything and sunroof. Nice car. I hated the color of hers, but in 27K miles, never a problem, other than two of the crapy OE Continental tires blowing out, about a year apart. This car was very quick 0 to 60, and would pull consistant 20 plus mpg local driving, and 24 highway. There is a lot of space back there with the seats folded, and I liked the two piece rear hatch. Overall a pretty damn good car. Reason for trading, it only seated 5 and when the grandkids came to visit, we had to take two cars. Thus the Honda Pilot with third seat...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Yep. My mum drives a Tribute and loves it. 40,000 miles and no problems (knock on wood).

S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12