Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ER Challenge Cup Event #3, 5/2/2004

Looks like I don't have to worry about booking it back to work Sunday!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Well I'm ready! I didn't end up washing the POS Racer today (too cold ), but the trailer is home and I'm ready to go!

See you kids at McD's who should we look for???

Hey bring your cameras so we can post some pictures on Monday!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Just washed Ralph :pig: when the sun came out

I'll see you guys at 7 at McD exit 318 or 418 if I wake up as I go by!!!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'll be at Mickey D's at 7'ish. No washy on the car though. Too freakin' cold! All that dirt is gonna slow me down (not that anyone would notice). On a side note, I got a few small hail dings in my hood last night. I was out there getting my back pelted while covering it with a 'quilted' moving blanket and outdoor chair cushions! They aren't too noticeable, but they're there.

No washy, but I cleaned some of the fingerprints off the hood, cleaned the glass, and took 3.5 pounds of dust out of the interior. Yikes.

See ya'll at 7!!!

I will be there, but my drive is too long for me to make it to Micky D at 7.
    Gabriel

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What a beautiful day and a great event! The course was over 1 mile long and fast!!! With run times over 100 seconds (for most of us...bastard), plenty of seat time was had by all.
    The combo tail-thing race car had a very good day, taking 1st and 2nd in tire class. Congrats to POS for 2nd place in ES.

I forgot...cudo's to 3beansalad for winning the 'Hollys Miata' trophy this week!

Yep, the event was indeed a lot of fun. Course was about 1.4 miles by my odometer, and I think Jon W. was the only one to break 100 seconds (bastard! :P ).

Overall, Miatas did pretty well, picking up trophys in C Stock (Jon W. - 1st, General Default - 2nd, myself - 3rd ), E Stock (POS - 2nd), CSP (mark52 - 1st), DSP (the Spec Miata driver whose name I can never remember - 2nd), and Tires (tailchaser - 1st, onething - 2nd). Not too shabby.

I don't know how threebeansalad ended up with the Holly's Miata trophy, but I was going to nominate onething - not only did he have the highest overall cone count of the day (5 ) on one run, but he got beat by tailchaser in his own car. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

onething was nominated for the special "Above and Beyond" award for loaning tailchaser his car and hitting 5 cones on one run.

threebeansalad was awarded the Holly's Miata trophy for apparently sleeping too late...

onething deserves special mention since he helped out Tailchaser by allowing him to co-drive “Ralph the :pig: “! Otherwise TC would have been on his way home due to his flat tire! It was darn nice of onething!

And 3bean gets the Holly award for his unexpected no show after abusing the word. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

But onething did finish a very close second with his cone abuse and flaunting of love notes from the lovely Brenda, who some believe must be highly medicated!

Results are now available!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Results are now available!
    How did you do that so fast. I just posted them and sent an email to the newsletter editor and I was going to post the message here.

Anyway the POS Racer just missed the 1st place slot. .19 I think the differance was. Mark52. Did not take all of his runs??? Mark52 did you take something out of the trunk? Seem you where a little off the pace this time?

JonW gets a Hi5 for getting below the 1 minute mark.

Not that it matters a rat's **#$&*, but I wonder where that cone on my last pax run came from... Only because onething is charging me by the cone, of course..

I finally did a write-up on the last ER event... Let me know if you'd like anything added to the article so you can laugh at it a few years from now...

Nice write up on ER#3 tailchaser, and those were some fantastic pictures! Who took those? I really like the "background in motion" look.

And that was an interesting article on the Davis Data Capture thingy. You'll have to show that device to me at the SCCA event this coming weekend...

Kestrel
    Another data junkie...

onething was kind enough to let me take my two rapid runs back to back (in his car) so I had a full set of rapid runs to grab photos.

I'll try to keep getting photos at the events, but I'll have to remember my monopod if I'm going to get the background in motion pics... Otherwise there's a good chance that 6 out of 6 will be fuzzy. I got lucky and had 1-2 out of 6-8 turn out on the ones I did that way.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I'll have to remember my monopod if I'm going to get the background in motion pics...
    How come all my pictures look like I was standing still? Nevermind, don't answer that question!

That really is a cool effect BTW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12