Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watuga Miata

Stopped and looked at it this Morning, lot was closed and the car was unlocked. So I got a good look! Didn't get to hear it run but figured I had seen enough with it not running.

My buddy was on the money it is a turd!

Here are some pictures see if you can spot what is wrong!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 09-20-2006 at 02:07 PM.

I dont know too much about what Im looking at, but I still think it might be a crash victim. Thanks again for looking for me, Its tough to get time off from both of my jobs to go look at cars somtime. I also found one more local, Sherman TX, at a lot and when I went to look at it the salesman told me it was not ready to be looked at yet, that he had some more stuff to do to it. I told him he was full of excriment and left the lot. Also my dad has been looking at your car some with me (cardomain) and he seems to be cool with it. Is there anything you would like him to know specifically? He will come to pennington the 17th with me to take a closer look, but things are looking up. Thanks again. :grin:
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I dont know too much about what Im looking at, but I still think it might be a crash victim.
    You are correct, sir!

The first two pictures POS posted are a blatant tip off. In the first pic, the "baby teeth" (tie down hooks) are painted white - ALL Miata baby teeth are black, regardless of exterior color. The "Miata" decal is also missing. In the second pic, there should be a manufacturer GVWR sticker in the doorjamb - it's missing. Both are obvious signs of a respray, and a low quality one at that.

Not necessarily indicative of crash damage, but it has definitely been repainted, and not well. Chances are there is other hidden damage as well.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    You are correct, sir!

The first two pictures POS posted are a blatant tip off. In the first pic, the "baby teeth" (tie down hooks) are painted white - ALL Miata baby teeth are black, regardless of exterior color. The "Miata" decal is also missing. In the second pic, there should be a manufacturer GVWR sticker in the doorjamb - it's missing. Both are obvious signs of a respray, and a low quality one at that.

Not necessarily indicative of crash damage, but it has definitely been repainted, and not well. Chances are there is other hidden damage as well.
    You are wise, Grasshopper *nods sagely*

Yeah, I figured it was, now I have even more information that will help me in my quest. Thanks for all your help guys!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12