Thread: Are there no FI guys in DFW?

Default Are there no FI guys in DFW?

or are all of your cars running flawlessly? there is just absolutely no traffic in this section. :mad:

flawlessly.... that is a good one.

Mostly we post in Miata tech section...
    Chris - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2013 Red Miata Sport
    2006 Winning Blue Miata
    2000 Red Miata
    2011 Red Mazda2
    2015 Smart Electric

Yep... here, but not running at the moment... My prototype intercooler pipes were sent off to have the production versions made. I got a VM from TDR saying that they were ready, but I am not sure when I will have a chance to get them and put them back on the car.

FI, yes
    on the Miata, no
    the wagon, on the other hand...
    I'll bring it by once the charge piping and exhaust get redone.

FI check...

I'm not doing much with it right now besides driving it.. I'm broke :)

Although.. I am watching closely the development with all these new ECU options.. Hydra, E-manage ultimate, Vishnu XEDE etc...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Yes, the fuel injection system is running flawlessly on my miata...wait...uhh...

'94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

My 99 is running fine with the BRP62, except for if dies at stop lights until it is 200 degrees water temp. Other then that it runs like a bat out of hell. I am looking for cooler weather to do some nice topdown runs at boost. (It really is a drug.) When my daughters home from college aren't driving it I am as it gets much better mpg then my F350.
    Mac

FI here, currently running fine
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    My 99 is running fine with the BRP62, except for if dies at stop lights until it is 200 degrees water temp.
    Mac
    MAc give Gary a call and he can tell you how to fix the idle droop. Easy fix that has to be changed for different climates

I have problems, it would not be aftermarket FI without problems.

Heating
    Cracked down pipe
    Crazy fuel numbers

Yea, I got problems. But they are fun problems.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I have a 02 GT with a blower, and depending on the weather it holds it own.. but it never runs right..

Guess I'll chime in too. Speedo cable broke last week, funny that inspection is due at the end of the month. Still have a small oil leak from the oil return line, but it runs great! I got challenged by a sleeper civic last week before the cable broke, I'll just say he lost, but held his own until I shifted into 5th.(nice run through 4th and 5th) New tires should go on this week or next.

I'm lazy, that oil leak should've been fixed long ago.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

FI here as well. Problems?? More than normal right now, but I'm getting them worked out and it will all be worth it.

Sharpie you need to fix that leak! I gotten removing the turbo down to 1 hour now! Lots and lots of practice
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

I know Justin! I haven't been driving it much though. I've needed the back seat of the OTM too much this summer.
    If you ever need two extra hands let me know!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

i only posted this because there is not that much happening in the FI section.

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    My 99 is running fine with the BRP62, except for if dies at stop lights until it is 200 degrees water temp. Other then that it runs like a bat out of hell. I am looking for cooler weather to do some nice topdown runs at boost. (It really is a drug.) When my daughters home from college aren't driving it I am as it gets much better mpg then my F350.
    Mac
    Gary gave me instructions for fixing the idle problem, and IT WORKED!
    Nice idle at stop lights and plenty of GO when it is needed.

If I was half my age BOOST would be like Crack, (I'll let yall guess on that one!) :grin:

Mac
    "Valentine One is my Co Pilot'