Thread: Now what

Default Now what

I could use some guidance here ladies and gents. Car died shop pulled code for a defective cam sensor, got a used one installed no start, got another used one from mazda heaven no start. Could it be three bad sensors or could it be something else that also gives a cas fault code. If any of you good folks could give me some advice on what to check I would be eternally grateful. [email protected] Thanks
    1996, Red/Black, Jackson Racing Supercharger,

Quote Originally Posted by nacra52
    I could use some guidance here ladies and gents. Car died shop pulled code for a defective cam sensor, got a used one installed no start, got another used one from mazda heaven no start. Could it be three bad sensors or could it be something else that also gives a cas fault code. If any of you good folks could give me some advice on what to check I would be eternally grateful. [email protected] Thanks
    What does it do? Does it run at all? Will it even turn over?

Won't start at all, just turns over, doesn't sound like it is even firing.

Were you able to pull an error codes on it?

Just the initial code the shop pulled for the cam sensor,

Just the initial code the shop pulled for the cam sensor,
    Do you recall which one it was?

I didn't see it myself that is what I was told by the shop after they hooked up the obd code reader

Sounds like a similar problem to this one Majik was having.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Which shop?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

a little shop in colleyville, that mainly does trans. they didn't want to fool with it any more so I have to either fix it myself or find someone who can.

a little shop in colleyville, that mainly does trans. they didn't want to fool with it any more so I have to either fix it myself or find someone who can.
    Just post up that you'll be having a tech day (provided it's a non-autox weekend) and you should be able to round up some sort of help.

I've been getting some good advice on the other board as well and it seems I'm not getting any voltage from the white wire on the cas connector. Now I just need to trace it and look for a break or something, Any idea where it originates?

Uh...

Open the oil cap & see if you see the cam turning in there when you have someone turn the key...

If your timing belt broke the CAS won't turn.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I've been getting some good advice on the other board as well and it seems I'm not getting any voltage from the white wire on the cas connector. Now I just need to trace it and look for a break or something, Any idea where it originates?
    Saw on Miata.net where they said the wire is spliced thought the timing box on a supercharged car like yours. Is that the case with yours??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Saw on Miata.net where they said the wire is spliced thought the timing box on a supercharged car like yours. Is that the case with yours??
    Good call. ANY of the popular timing retard devices (MSD, Bipes, JR Timing knob, etc) would have been installed by cutting into the CAS wires. Even if you don't have one of these devices, you may want to check the wires around the ECU. I believe you bought that Miata used with the SC already on, so it is possible that it had a timing device on it at one point. Check those wires!

Thanks for all the help guys, just got home and will proceed to check all the wiring stuff mentioned. Also luckily the belt wasn't broken, I was dreading that one.