Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody Else Work in Downtown Dallas?

I have a feeling some may end up at the wrong time or place, so lets re-focus this once again:

Tuesday August 9, 11:30 am
    Izmir Mediteranean Tapas
    1520 Elm Street, Dallas, TX 75201

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I have a feeling some may end up at the wrong time or place, so lets re-focus this once again:

Tuesday August 9, 11:30 am
    Izmir Mediteranean Tapas
    1520 Elm Street, Dallas, TX 75201
    Thanks! See everyone there.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Thanks! See everyone there.

S.

I have last minute work items getting in the way so I will not be attending today. I'll plan for the next one.
    Thanks

So is it just srivendel and I? Bean... this place was your idea.... are you out of bed and dressed yet?

So is it just srivendel and I? Bean... this place was your idea.... are you out of bed and dressed yet?
    I just threw out the suggestion!

And no, not just yet... my weekend relief started yesterday and we went out and celebrated afterwards. I'm moving a little slow right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I just threw out the suggestion!

And no, not just yet... my weekend relief started yesterday and we went out and celebrated afterwards. I'm moving a little slow right now...

I'll be there, Titus. And does 3bean's response actually clarify whether he's coming or not?

S.

I'll be there, Titus. And does 3bean's response actually clarify whether he's coming or not?

S.
    Don't wait for me fellas... I apologize.

Hey, if you guys plan to do this again I might try to get down there even living this far north. I love the Greenville Izmir location, but haven't made it to the downtown lunch spot yet.

C

Well, that was fun. Thanks, Titus!

We'll plan another downtown get-together soon.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    Hey, if you guys plan to do this again I might try to get down there even living this far north. I love the Greenville Izmir location, but haven't made it to the downtown lunch spot yet.

C
    We actually ended eating elsewhere, as Izmir had a change of locks notice from the building taped to the door due to back rent issues.

Well, that was fun. Thanks, Titus!

We'll plan another downtown get-together soon.

S.
    Yes indeed!

Unhappy izmirs

i went there and yah, Izmir's moved to greenville, i waited around for a while but i figured i didn't know who to wait for so i left, i really was hoping to see a yellow miata pass by but no luck.
    anyway will there be another one coming up soon? What place did you go to Titus? maybe that'll work for some other day...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    i went there and yah, Izmir's moved to greenville, i waited around for a while but i figured i didn't know who to wait for so i left, i really was hoping to see a yellow miata pass by but no luck.
    anyway will there be another one coming up soon? What place did you go to Titus? maybe that'll work for some other day...
    I stood right at the door for about 5 minutes, reading the door lock sign and peeking through the window. When I saw srivendel walk up, we left. From the comments on the board, we thought that it was just going to be us. We were both on foot, so we walked around the corner to some Italian place that srivendel had been to before. This won't be the last time we make an outing like this, and perhaps we will do a better job screening locations next time (read: no more of Bean's crazy ideas of places that no longer exist!).

(read: no more of Bean's crazy ideas of places that no longer exist!).
    I still contend that my idea was Cafe Istanbul. I was way off on the maps... but still!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I still contend that my idea was Cafe Istanbul. I was way off on the maps... but still!

Talking lol

(read: no more of Bean's crazy ideas of places that no longer exist!).
    agreed

I'm not sure if i would have recognized you, around the corner was a pizza place, domino's i think and a philly connection cheestake... the parking garages were closed... some delivery guy made fun of me after i asked about the place and later he saw me waiting outside of it, "dude, the place is closed and its not about to open even if you stand by the door," lol... eh. good times.

count me in on the next one...
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Arrow lunch

would anyone care to schedule the time and place for a next lunch?

Question lunch

anybody good for a lunch on Wednesday 8/31 around 11:30am???
    anyplace in the downtown area...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    anybody good for a lunch on Wednesday 8/31 around 11:30am???
    anyplace in the downtown area...
    I'll need to check my calrndar when I get in on Monday but I think all of next week looked pretty bad for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123