Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RevItUp?

Default RevItUp?

I know this was a bit late, but did anyone else run RevItUp, or were you all down in houston for the tour event?

I saw a sh!tload of miati in the parking lot :)

How's ya guys do?

I'm up tomorrow for it
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

so what was the winning score today? anyone notice?

Last I saw some guy had me beat by 5 points... 675.
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Did you see a black, silver and montego miata? I was there for a little while Saturday selling an ECU. Went last year so there wasn't that much for me to see this year. The MS RX-8 was sweet, the MS Miata was cool too. I didn't drive anything, just looked around and then left.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Oh yeah, lots of eye candy in the parking lot. My favorite was the greyish-silverish FD right out in front of the entrance to the event. That car had me drooling. The CY R-1 inside was sweet as well :)
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Yeah, I think I saw your car... Mismatched fenders and parked way out at the end of the lot?

Yeah, tehre were a ton of nice cars out there... That CYM in the "Enthusiast" tent was my good Friend Cavell's. He and I ran together with our events. He was watching his car like a hawk. I think he saw liek 50 people try his door handles. And everyone figured that "oh, it's locked.. Maybe if I pull *harder* it will open?"

Originally my car was supposed to be in the tent too, but it kinda stopped running
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Looks like Jon Etkins took it with a 685...

Mazda Rev It Up

well d@mn... he only had me by 15 points...

I wasn't excpecting to do well, but if you're gonna be *that* close you'd at least like to win something, eh?

I was leader of teh day when I left.. they made me take pictures with a RevItUp hat, did a littel interview etc etc.. (then of course they told me I had to give that hat BACK! )

Oh well.. I can't complain.. I get to use that $250 off on my miata, so it's definately not a loss :)
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    I was leader of teh day when I left.. they made me take pictures with a RevItUp hat, did a littel interview etc etc.. (then of course they told me I had to give that hat BACK! )
    That's cool you were that close to winning! Sorry about the Hat! So what did you think of the Mazdaspped Miata? And when will yours be here!!!!

Heh, yeah, giving teh hat back was annoying, but I think I ended up 3rd out of everyone for the weekend... The winner guy was some *actual* professionaly driver from Austin area..

Well, the MS miata's are in... Problem is I'm being picky. I didn't specifically "order" one, but really got "1st right of refusal" to the ones that come in.. If I wanted one with black leather I could have picked it up Saturday... But I'm letting them sell those and holding out for the titanium/cloth one that shoudl be here later this week or early next.

but that's fine.. I'm waiting for a check from the sale of some stock anyway...

but yeah, cool cars :) Man do they reach redline quick though... It's a good thing I love shifting

Anyone hear yet what class they're going into? I assume BS -> BSP? The motor on the 7 is officaly blown, so it appears as if teh decision on which car to run this year has been made for me
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

The winner guy was some *actual* professionaly driver from Austin area..
    The winner was Jon Etkins from Austin and he will be at MSR III. Really nice guy and a talented driver but not a Pro. He is originally from Australia. He might have done some pro-driving in the past but I believe he is just a track/auto-x junkie now.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

hmmm... ok, that's not the guy someone else was telling me about...

This guy runs some sort of tour with Karts all over the US and Europe.. I don't think they were talking a miata guy..
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Yeah, I think I saw your car... Mismatched fenders and parked way out at the end of the lot?
    lol, yup, that was me
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Hehehehe - Mine was the Splash Green Mica with the top down right next to where the girls were taking money to park...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

congrats rx7 gslse,
    very close to the lead indeed. What kind of time gets you 670 points? My first run was 29.1. My second run I ate lots of cones.

I noticed that I tied (in points) with my instructor from last month's PCA autoX school 102 , Chuck Macalla. Put a :) on my face.

well talking to people out there Sunday was a much quicker track than Saturday... there were lots of guys in the 29s.

Actually the 670 was only a 29.138 on a pro index of ~28.0?
    Both times I saw the pro run on saturday it was right aroudn a 28 flat index. I think 27.9 at one point.. Both compeditors & the pro were running a lot quicker Sunday it seems?
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

And you guys complain about the 35 to 45 second courses at ER event at Pennington Field... :P
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

And you guys complain about the 35 to 45 second courses at ER event at Pennington Field...
    But I don't get a chance to drive at Leguna Seca from any Pennington race...

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    And you guys complain about the 35 to 45 second courses at ER event at Pennington Field... :P
    and that was just the two competition runs.... There were also a bunch of skills sections (up to 8 runs total) and a test drive area with the whole Mazda product lineup.

I kow I spent more time driving there than I did at teh last SCCA event, and I wasn't there nearly as long...

besides, it wasn't my car :)

besides, it wasn't my car
    It was an 'SEC'...'Somebody Else's Car'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast