Thread: Tail of the Dragon adventure

Default Tail of the Dragon adventure

We had a great trip and got back last night. The car was very tight in the turns and I felt part of the road on every curve. We estimated about 300 Miata's as they were everywhere!!! Ran the Dragon in the early mornings and late evening to avoid traffic. Unfortunately there were two accidents we heard about and saw the results of one of them. On the way home we ran the Georgia Snake (highway 60) into the north part of Atlanta. What a great road!!! It was just as good as the Dragon and 3 times as long. If you ever have a chance to drive it, don't pass it up.
    Pics are on the link of the gathering. And for gas mileage, I averaged 32 mpg and at one of the fill-ups I got an astounding 34mpg. Most driving was done on two lanes at 70mph :-D

Miata's at the Gap
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher
    Most driving was done on two lanes at 70mph :-D

Miata's at the Gap
    Wow... so you turned up the speedo for this trip! Nice! It's about time you uncorked that Miata of yours!

Nice pics!!

How did your wife respond to the ride?

The dragon always seems to bite someone

Glad you had a fun and safe trip. I really hope to make it next year. Haven't been since 2002.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I really drove the car hard in the Dragon and it was a blast! Suzan kept asking me to go faster and complimented me on the down shifting and acceleration through the curves. She got a little woozy the first time through
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

nice, I'm going to have to do that one day
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Lots of passengers have puked on the dragon. I know several, who just took dramamine cuz they knew it would happen.

The tree of shame has grown lots of new parts. It's at the gas station/motorcycle shop on N. Carolina side. People hang parts off their wrecked bikes/cars as a right of passage. At the Gap there be dragons, and they bite.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles