Thread: Who writes a story on this...

Default Who writes a story on this...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050807/D8BQPQLO0.html

Photographer Shot at Britney Spears' Home
    MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - A photographer was shot in the leg with a pellet gun outside Britney Spears' home Saturday evening, authorities said.

It was unclear who fired the plastic pellet as the photographer was staking out an event at the pop singer's Malibu home, Sheriff's Department Lt. Steve Smith said. He said firefighters bandaged the man's leg and he went to a hospital.

"It could've been somebody driving by, walking by, we have no idea where it came from," Smith said.

The photographer, identified as Brad Diaz, was about 200 yards from the home and outside Spears' long driveway when he was hit, Smith said.

A message left with Spears' publicist was not immediately returned Saturday night.

'94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Unhappy

What I want to know is who posts this crap on our forum!

BTW> I'm just thankful Britney is OK!

1 minute of my life is now wasted..
    No more Miata

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    What I want to know is who posts this crap on our forum!
    Wheres a middle finger smiley when you need one
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    Wheres a middle finger smiley when you need one
    Let's Ban Jiggerachi!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Let's Ban Jiggerachi!
    I can think of a few I'd rather ban first...
    ored....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

AP has some issues. I read the story here, which is also credited to AP, but the stories are inconsistent. One story refers to a "pellet gun" the other a "BB gun". Again, one "plastic pellet" while the second mentions "the BB". Nice reporting there AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    AP has some issues.
    AP has many issues... those guys get half the information they put out correct. It's a shame, though, because most news outlets will just cut and paste the info and rebroadcast.

I bet Britney and Kevin have remote mounted BB submachine guns that work on motion sensers to keep reporters away.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    ...most news outlets will just cut and paste the info and rebroadcast.
    I did overnight weather reports on 3 small town radio stations. It involved spending 2 minutes watching the weather channel, 3 minutes writing out 2 "scripts" (making sure that it wasn't word for word what I said the night before), and 5 minutes recording 6 versions to cart. Weather reports for 3 Stations, 10 minutes. Thank you weather channel.

Our news man had a much tougher job for information gathering. It involved reading the local paper and highlighting what he wanted to report. Next, he re-wrote it in different words. Finally, the Operations manager would read over it to make sure that it sounded different than the article so the news paper wouldn't realize we were ripping them off.

At the little radio station I worked at we just used the NOAA feed.

C

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    At the little radio station I worked at we just used the NOAA feed.

C
    Just about every broadcast station still uses the NOAA feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Just about every broadcast station still uses the NOAA feeds.
    Hmmm... I don't think we got any feeds. They did call us every afternoon for the 24 hr High/Low/Rainfall. I hated having to go out back into the field to that that stupid white box... I always ended up with thistles in my shoes!