Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S-2000 Autocross #2 (SUNDAY!) May 23rd

That sounds like a good idea.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Hey guys, it looks like my plans may be changing and I might be in town for this event after all! What are my odds of getting in? (I see the online registration is closed with 53 entrants.)

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Hey guys, it looks like my plans may be changing and I might be in town for this event after all! What are my odds of getting in? (I see the online registration is closed with 53 entrants.)
    Not so sure on S2K, but you could always come out for the BMW event the day before (if you join the BMWCCA that is). I'll be there. Its a double-header for me that weekend.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    you could always come out for the BMW event the day before (if you join the BMWCCA that is)
    Is it free?

you could always come out for the BMW event the day before (if you join the BMWCCA that is)
    Is it free?
    No, but its CHEAP....also, if you register online (DLB), they knock $10 off your entry fee- down to $25 per event. Now thats a good return for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Iain, the second e-mail bounced back as well.
    Second email? I suggested you PM Clovis - the first poster on this second page. He's one of the NTS2kOC board members. How do you get a PM to bounce? :P

Seriously though - hit the PM button at the bottom of his message, and drop him a line about instruction. You're one o' them computer guys - you oughta be able to figure it out.
    My bad, I mis-read that, and thought you had PM'd Clovis. Anyway, I've PM'd him so we will see.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Who's all going for sure? Are you/we meeting at McD's Exit 18?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'll be at the race, but not the 'breakfast event.' Just can never get out of bed in time for that.

I'll be there for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'll be at the race, but not the 'breakfast event.' Just can never get out of bed in time for that.
    Ditto that. See you guys at the airfield.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I will be there for breakfast - maybe not so early as last time? The doors open at 7:00 IIRC. Not much point in getting there before that
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I'll be there for breakfast.
    Let me know where I can meet you in the morning so we can ride together out to breakfast! Thanks!

I usually take Preston south to 635. I'm generally at Preston & Plano Parkway between 5:40 and 5:50 depending on how late I am... Call me at 214-912-9261 Sunday morning and we'll figure something out.

I usually take Preston south to 635. I'm generally at Preston & Plano Parkway between 5:40 and 5:50...
    Yuck. I'm so glad I live on the west side of town. I don't usually even get up until 6:30 on race days.
    Iain

If I don't over sleep, I'll be at Micky D's
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

If somebody will figure out how many CD-R's I need to make with hi-res photos, I'll bring them on Sunday...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

If somebody will figure out how many CD-R's I need to make with hi-res photos, I'll bring them on Sunday...
    42?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

42?
    84! Oh wait, that's another game.

I would like one if you have time TC
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

So we are meeting at out McD's at 7:00am! See ya there! Let us know if we should be watching for ya!

Ummm.... HELL, YEAH! Now THAT was an autocross. I'll admit to being somewhat elated at coming within a second of both leadfootjon and joe.Miata on a 90 second course.

It was definitely a Greg course... It rewarded patience, and rewarded it greatly. I was hugely surprised when on my first afternoon run, I blew a gate and finished the course in 3rd gear to conserve tire (and GAS!!!), but finished with a 97.1 - a time that a number of Miata and S2000 drivers worked hard to get.

The Holly's Miata Traveling Trophy was a toughy... Did we ever decide? I mean... On the one hand... 3bean lost numbers on course, left early, and came without his passenger seat... But... 17 runs at $50 a piece? Ouch... Hope collegeboy has a good, paying job this summer...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast